Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Implement, deploy and monitor robust, stable and highly available technology platforms (i.e. systems, applications and services) that drive Interswitch business solutions
Deployment of Applications:
- Build and Deployment Management (Jenkins) in a CI/CD workflow
- Automation of Server management, incident resolution and deployment processes
- Use of Chef, Puppet or Ansible for automation of processes, systems and server management.
Application Environment Management:
- Environment Management
- Ensure 24×7 Availability of all Deployment Environments.
- Linux and Windows operating systems management and Shell scripting.
- Cloud Solutions Management.
- Management of distributed systems and container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes container infrastructure and orchestration.
- Create visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Configuration of Load Balancing Systems
- Ensure up-to date patching and full compliance to security standards of the Deployment Environments.
- Ensure up-to date documentation on the Deployment Environments
- Troubleshoot reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Working with technical support engineers to resolve critical incidents.
- Create and update clear troubleshooting guides for the Switching Applications
- Implement Requests relevant to the operation and enhancement of Managed Applications and Environments
- Co-ordinate the completion of activities within the team
- Customer Escalation management
- Resource Availability management
- Process Management (Creation/Update, Gap Identification/Elimination)
- Carry out Performance Management Reviews with the Team
- Co-ordinate Productivity enhancement activities within the Team
- Academic Qualification(s): Good first degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- Professional Qualification(s): Service Management Certifications (e.g. ITIL) is an advantage
- Experience (Number of relevant years): Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online