MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Company Secretary (Senior Manager)
- Provide governance advisory, secretarial and administrative support to the MTN Board and Management, MTN Nigeria subsidiaries and related companies.
- Provide support in overseeing the Registrar in all matters concerned relating to the statutory Registers and conducting appropriate activities connected thereto as provided under the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matters Act and other relevant legislation.
- Assist the Company Secretary to manage the Board of Directors, its subsidiaries and related companies as well as all related complexities
- Assist the Company Secretary in coordinating activities regarding the annual Board plan and with the administration of other strategic issues at the Board level
- Support Board processes to facilitate efficiency and effectiveness including Board succession, induction and Director Development, Board performance evaluation, Governance Assessment and Reporting etc. Manage and support smooth shareholder relations and interaction complexities between board members, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Rendering statutory returns, maintaining registers and other records
- Advising on compliance with all mandates, delegations, and authorities from the Board in line with statutory, corporate governance and Company policies.
- Ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company.
- Provide guidance to employees regarding the appropriate implementation of the relevant laws, rules and standards through policies and procedures and other documents such Delegation of Authority, internal codes and practice guidelines.
- Perform duties of Company Secretary in the absence of the Company Secretary.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training:
- 9 – 17 years relevant work experience including:
- Minimum of 3 years managerial track record and public company experience
- Experience in company secretarial, commercial legal practice or consultancy
- Experience in managing age, gender and geo-diverse Board of Directors
- Knowledge of local and international corporate governance best practice.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online