Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub-Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Pipeline Offshore Installation Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
- Bring consistency and uniformity into disciplines deliverables during technical bid clarifications with bidders to ensure a harmonious interface.
- Coordinate the response to technical queries in installation scope during tender clarifications. Track and record all technical queries and support C&P in providing response to tenderers.
- Act as a focal point/technical authority for pipeline installation engineering questions throughout detailed engineering design phase.
- Assists upper level management in detailed review and assessment of installation schedules as part of de-risking and readiness review for Contract award.
- Provide engineering inputs to alternative installation technique from the Tenderers.
- Review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance in Bid Engineering phase.
- To review installation contractor plans and schedules to ensure alignment with project objectives, and to monitor contractor performance against plan
- She/he will provide technical support in preparation for pipeline construction / offshore operations /field installations, investigations and repair methods, as well as planning the following offshore Installation activities:
- Review Installation procedures and method statements for Flowline Termination Assemblies ‘FTA, In-line SLEDs, Wye-Piece for the entires PFRI scope.
- Review detailed procedure/specifiction for FPSO in-country towing from Integration yard.
- Review of Installation analysis of all subsea hardwares to validation methods and the tools including heavy offshore lifting plan for riser barrier installation.
- Review of transportation analysis of all subsea hardwares and critical components.
- Supervision of load-out, transportation and offshore installation campaigns for Umbilicals(static and dynamics) including subsea distribution systems(EDMs,UTAs, Flying Leads etc.
- Supervision of load-out plans, transportationand offshore installation campaigns of deepwater foundations such as suction piles.
- Supervision of load out plans manifolds.
- Review of design of Transportation & Installation Aids.
- Develop and coordinate analysis and operational procedures, processes, systems and documentation reviews.
- Actively involved in review of installation analysis for jumpers / spool pieces and anchor pattern analysis.
- Support material take off assessment as may be required necessary to support seamless execution of offshore field installation campaigns, including review of execution strategy.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance discipline to ensure alignment between the QA/QC requirements and the technical specifications. Verify contractors installation plan to ensure consistency with overall project plans whilst highlighting any possible deviations and remedial actions.
- A B.Sc in Engineering or Science Degree with a minimum of 15 years experience after graduation.
- Candidate is required to have a minimum of 12 years hand-on strong working experience of cumulative of in similar offshore installation.
- Candidate is expected to have performed significant offshore load-outs and installation of large subsea infrastructure. Supervised Offshore Pipeline installation including Riser pre-lay and recovery. In addition to offshore heavy lifts of large subsea manifold, suction piles, static and dynamic umbilicals/Flexible installations.
- Candidate must be conversant with use of S-Lay, J-Lay and flex lay techniques for offshore pipeline installation
- Experience with analysis techniques for offshore pipeline construction;
- Experience of engineering effects of VIV strakes, stress joints etc, and other in-line components typical of deepwater pipeline systems. Engineering of PIP systems and insulations would be an advantage
- Understand of specific project requirements, material construction, specifications, design analysis, calculations and data sheets, man hour estimation for proposals, study reports, pipeline materials, welding techniques, technical bid evaluation and review of vendor documents
- Strong background and hands-on experience with one of the following: offshore pipeline design, offshore pipeline installation engineering, or offshore pipeline project engineering aspects of the design of onshore, offshore and deepwater oil production facilities. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, including fabrication, machining and various mechanical systems.
- Offshore offloading facility construction and installation experience
- Pipeline construction and repair methods experience
- Solid working knowledge of relevant oil and gas pipeline engineering international codes and standards (DNV, API, BS, etc)
- Excellent communication skills;
- Very good command of verbal and written knowledge of the English language;
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skill. Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in Offpipe, Abacus, Orcaflex or Pipelay software
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team; HSE commitment and leadership
- Coaching, mentoring, and motivating others to be successful
- Global mindset and perspective. Ability to lead work in teams of professionals in matrix organization and network located globally with others outside immediate location.
- Knowledge of interface needs/issues with Development Planning and subsurface groups.
- Skilled at leading through influence.
- Ability to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities. High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals
- Proven team building and people management skills.
- Occasional trips offshore, willingness to work abroad and onboard our Pipelay Barge may be required.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years – 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree Title: A BSc in Engineering or Science degree
- Experience: Minimum of 15 years experience.
- Other experience: a minimum of 12 years hand-on strong working experience of cumulative similar offshore installation
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Status: Sourcing
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online