The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance & Regulatory Counsel
- Ever dreamed about working in football? Now’s your chance to make the dream a reality!
- At the African Confederation of Football (CAF) we are looking for bright and talented people to join our team. If you think you’ve got what it takes and your professional experience meets our criteria get in touch with us.
Compliance & Regulatory Counsel who can contribute to CAF’s overall success by effectively managing the following duties:
- Ensure the development and implementation of CAF’s compliance program (evaluate training needs and training team, develop and implement monitoring and screening programs, identify areas of improvement and recommend mitigating actions)
- Evaluate and support/challenge effectiveness of controls and adherence to compliance program components and provide advice and counsel as needed
- Review current policies and procedures within CAF for alignment, consolidation, and harmonization with division needs
- Develop compliance training programs and deliver specialized training as appropriate
- Perform Governance Workshops to raise awareness of compliance issues
- Raise awareness of compliance risks and continuous monitoring
- Manage forensic reviews to disclose mismanagement of CAF funds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Law
- Familiar with key compliance program components, such as Compliance risk assessment, due diligence, training and policy implementation
- 5+ years of experience in compliance or related field (risk management or advisory experience, audit, finance or legal) with understanding of structure and needs of an effective compliance programs
- Fluent in English and French
- Professional experience in an international environment
- Experience in preparing explanatory documents or compliance reports and presenting to senior executive team members
- Strong ability to navigate organizationally across multiple functional areas providing work direction on risk activities and governance processes
- Ability to translate complex regulatory information into compelling stakeholder-friendly language, including the importance of regulatory compliance
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only applications matching the requirements listed above will be considered