Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Compliance Analyst (FinCrime Analyst), you will be working under the leadership of the Jumia Group Head of Sanctions to help protect the company from being involved with individuals or entities associated with financial crime.
- Conduct reviews of sanctions watchlist alerts generated by the automated transaction filtering and client screening systems, manual reports or internal referrals. Document investigation steps performed and document the rationale for decisions;
- Liaise with relevant teams to refine automated sanctions screening risk methodology, reduce false positive, mitigate sanctions risks and improve customer experience;
- Follow operational procedures on sanctions alert handling, including document the decision rationale;
- Escalate potential sanctions issues or suspicious activity to the Head of Sanctions;
- Review and investigate PEP screening alerts utilizing the client screening system, internal Customer Due Diligence systems and third party sources;
- Assist the Compliance Management with ad hoc projects;
- Identify and analyze alerts generated by the screening system in order to identify politically related individuals, entities involved in financial crime, as well as sanctioned or terrorism-related entities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of AML, Counter terrorist financing or Sanctions issues.
- Experience working with diverse and geographically distributed teams.
- Working experience of minimum 2 years preferred.
- Strong planning, organizational and management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism and integrity.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, pay attention to detail, and be a good troubleshooter/problem solver who works well under pressure and thrives in a start up environment.
- Strong academic credentials.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online