Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Civil Engineer reporting to the Chief Executive Officer performs engineering duties which include performing feasibility studies, designing structures, project management, optimizing environment impact, handling budgets, and ensuring safe working conditions. The incumbent will provide general engineering advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of the hospital structures and facilities, such as the buildings, walkways, channels, water and sewage systems, etc.
- The engineer will manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Conduct studies of patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects.
- Organize contractors including carpenters, electricians, plumbers and painters to carry out building tasks.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Managing, designing, developing, creating and maintaining construction projects
- Conducting on-site investigations and analyzing data
- Ensuring proper finishing of all construction projects
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Assessing potential risks, materials and costs
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of proven working experience in civil engineering.
- Professional engineering practicing licence with COREN.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar software.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, regulatory approvals etc
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
- Ability to lead work teams
- Ability to work very hard in challenging situations
- Have proven integrity
- Maintain a high level of respect for work colleagues
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention to details.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position Title and Code” as the subject of their email application.