The Nigeria Maritime University (NMU), Okerenkoko was established by Federal Government in 2015. The University was established among other objectives to expand the frontiers of knowledge and provide opportunities for Nigeria to be a Leading player in the world’s maritime industry and economy; and to produce first rate mariners that would keep the Country’s flag aloft across the oceans and waterways of the world.
Application are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the Non – academic position below:
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
- Applicant should possess a good Honors Degree in accounting or related discipline.
- Must possess at least one of the following; ACA, ACMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN or ANAN. Possession ofhigher degree(s) in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualiflcation experience in a university or comparable institution and mustbe professionally qualified.
- The candidate must also be computer literate and have a working knowledge of good Accounting packages.
- In addition, applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years residency at the level of a Principal Internal Auditor or its equivalent.
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position are the same as the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in full (Surname first);
- Post Desired;
- Date and Place of Birth
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates and locations)
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer (s), stating status
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post, Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications (where applicable)
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience (where applicable)
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any)
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic/professional opinion about the applicant.
Applicants should request their Referees to forward their views in confidential cover to the address below within four(4) weeks of this publication.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview.
- Applicants are strongly advised to note qualifications and cognate experience required for the post they intend to apply into so as to make sure that they are qualified.