MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
- Core purpose of the job to sustain a global standard IT infrastructure and drive ICT awareness & revenues through continuous improvement and emerging trends to support the strategic business growth of the organization.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that IS Capabilities/Services are aligned to achieve all elements on the business scorecard. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive Value Creation Philosophy
- Propose budget to provide effective IS services and control and monitor division’s expenditure, in accordance with approved budget and associated rules and procedures.
- Promote IT solutions that enable seamless cross-functional workflow as well as company-wide knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Build a clear and coherent strategy for Information Services Division ensuring alignment with MTN corporate strategy and goals and develop plans to support business initiatives and enhance IS support capacity.
- Lead the development and implementation of ICT strategies and plans with clear indications of expected value contributions and in line with corporate vision and mission.
- Review risk for IS systems, develop IS Risk Management Strategy and ensure the deployment of risk-mitigating action plans and business continuity.
- Ensure the security and controlled access to business data and information and provide recovery services in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Monitor and control the technical content of IT infrastructure and systems to ensure business relevance, scope realism, and suitability for intended purposes and timely obsolescence and encourage controlled infusion of new technology into the organisation to help maintain competitive edge, operational excellence and improvements to the bottom line.
- Review and monitor IS operations and projects and ensure the availability of required resources to deliver and enable the maximization of return of investment on ICT initiatives and services.
- Oversee the development of various Terms of References and Service Level Agreements between the organisation and IS service providers and consultants in line with approved ICT framework.
- Ensure an IT Quality Assurance and IT Asset Management systems are in place and are deployed for the benefit and protection of the organization.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- Minimum 12 years’ work experience
- At least 5 years strategic management experience in a Telco or Digital Business
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant sector/ industry
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven track record of a start-up, shut-down and/or business improvement project
- BTech, BEng or Other
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online