Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) – Our Shared Service Centre, Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) is focused on driving operational excellence in process management with roles in Functional Operations and Advisory. We enable Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria to operate competitively in a dynamic business environment. We are looking for high performing, experienced and skilled individuals with the drive to create significant business impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cargo Claims Analyst (formerly Demurrage Analyst)
Reference ID: R7455
Employment Type: Full time
- Supports Corporate Crude Oil Shipping & Export activities of Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCIN). The position will provide a professional cargo claims service to the Business through prevention and efficient processing of claims related to exports from Shell operated loading terminals (BONNY, FORCADOS, SEA EAGLE & BONGA) and 3rd party terminals with SCIN equity participation (BRASS, & ERHA FPSO).
- Act as Focal Point for issues relating to cargo claims (demurrage and quantity/quality) within SPDC & SNEPCO In conjunction with Tanker Programmers, analyse all scheduled crude oil offtake operations to determine SPDC and SNEPCO demurrage exposure, escalating for action as required
- Receive and support negotiation (or rejection) of claims from Third Party Owners/Charterers of ships loading at SCiN Terminals and Ensure cargo claims are made to NOV partners within the contractual time-frame and avoid any claim from being time-barred.
- Generate relevant accruals for Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Finance closing. Generate monthly cargo claims reports to relevant departments with appropriate comments that lead to improvements
- Prepare data for and attend cargo claims reconciliation meetings with JV/PSC Partners and third party injectors Maintain database of all cargo claims in order to provide timely, up to date and accurate management information to SPDC, SNEPCO, Offtake Partners and NAPIMS Ensure cargo claims processed through SAP for Shell OUs, budget cleared through BFM approval and sent for payment Ensure Tanker world scale and monthly AFRA Rate are obtained and updated when due
- Minimize SCiN costs related to cargo claims
- Efficient processing of claims, avoiding backlog of greater than 3 months of claims that are open without agreement
- Effective negotiation with JV/PSC Partners/SWEST and third parties customers on all cargo-related claims
- Maintain good working relationships with a wide range of SCiN supporting departments, Government Agencies, JV and PSC Partners, Shell Trading and Third Parties using Company facilities.
- Maintain good working relationships with Government Agencies in charge of crude oil production and export activity, namely Ministry of Commerce, NNPC, NAPIMS, Department of Petroleum Resources,
- First degree/HND in any field.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in EP/Upstream environment. Awareness of Production activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively process significant levels of detailed information
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous experience related to marine operations and processing of cargo claims
- Knowledge of shipping and export documentation
- Previous experience with shipping agency liaison and /or working in a position which required regular contact and communications with external Government Agencies and Third-Party companies is an advantage.
- Business acumen and strong business partnering focus
- Good communication/negotiating skills
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate information as required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience on marine operations at the terminals.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please do not apply for more than one of the advertised Nigeria roles from the pool of all the jobs advertised between Feb and Mar 2021. Kindly apply for only one role that best suits your qualification and experience via www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers. Submitting more than one application for the advertised Nigeria roles will lead to automatic disqualification of all your applications.
- Kindly note that all fields are mandatory in the online applications forms.
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers when available.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process inside Shell recruitment offices.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.