The Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI) in Ebonyi State was among the nine new Universities established by the Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s administration in February, 2011. It is situated in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State which is about 25 kilometres from Abakaliki, the State Capital.
The University is deeply committed towards realizing its dream for a world class status where research and innovations are the order of the day. Her philosophy is strictly guided by the desire to raise problem solvers for the nation through the production of highly skilled and motivated graduates.
In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No.11 of 1993 as amended, the Governing Council hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of his position, the Bursar should be able to ensure the development and update of the University’s financial management plans
- He/she would coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, statement of financial position and cash flow estimates and consolidation where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and statement of financial position variances against the budgets, among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the Institutions financial transactions.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and possess the ability to provide good leadership, have personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- Candidate for the post shall not be above sixty (60) years of age before the date of appointment and is expected to be a person who enjoys excellent physical and mental health.
- Persons who have served or are currently serving as Bursar need not apply.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree in Accounting from a recognized institution. Possession of higher degree(s) will be an added advantage.
- Be a qualified member of any of these professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
- Association of Certified and Corporate Accountants
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of United Kingdom, Scotland, or Ireland (UK Bodies)
- Have a minimum of twenty (20) years post qualification experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University system or other comparable / similar establishments.
- Have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in a University.
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years. An extension of one (1) year may be granted by the Governing Council on satisfactory performance and recommendation by the Vice-Chancellor
- The salary and conditions of service of the Bursar shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first, in capital letters, followed by a comma)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- E-mail and Telephone number(s)
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Secondary and post-secondary schools attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Present employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope with the position applied for boldly marked at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar / Secretary to Council,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike,
P.M.B. 1010, Abakaliki,
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that the Referees’ reports reach the Registrar / Secretary to Council not later than the deadline
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and further interaction.