The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels.
The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Assistant, System Strengthening / Internal Audit Unit
Full Time: Full Annual Contract
Reports directly to: The Senior Officer, System Strengthening / Internal Audit
- Work to support System Strengthening / Internal Audit unit in the timely implementation of the department’s approved annual audit plan.
- Regular review visits to Sub-Awardees and partners’ offices in and outside Abuja
- Participate in the review of head office’s operations, system and financial transactions
- Review of Regional and State offices financial report sent to Head office for capturing
- Conduct follow-up visits to regional and state offices in line with approved annual audit plan and as the need arises
- Conduct follow-up visits to partners on the outcome of GFA, LFA reviews
- Carry out assets verification exercise by regularly interfacing with the Administrative and Supply Chain Management Department
- Timely submission of ALL reports of audit works
- Performs any other functions as may be directed by the Unit Head
Qualification / Experience
- Associate Chartered Accountant (Added advantage)
- HND or B.Sc in Accounting or Business related courses
- Maximum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Grant related audit experience
- Excellent communication and skills
- Flair for report writing
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft tools
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.