Borno State University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant Academic position below:
Job Title: Reader (CONUASS 06)
Faculty: Arts & Education
We need lecturers who can lecture in any of the following departments:
- Department of Languages & Linguistics
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Arts & Social Science Education
- Department of Science Education
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate must possess the relevant Bachelors’, Masters’ and Ph.D Degree from recognized Universities with at least two (2) years teaching, research and administrative experience as Senior Lecturer in a recognized University.
- Candidate must have evidence of at least twelve (12) scholarly publications in learned journals in University and apex research/training institutes, plus evidence of successful supervision of at least six (6) Masters/Ph.D Degree.
- Candidate must provide evidence of community service and be registered or registrable with the relevant professional/scientific bodies as applicable. Candidate must have evidence of NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) hard copies of their Applications along with their Credentials and Curriculum Vitae which should include the following details:
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- GSM Number
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Institutions Attended (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Honors, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Professional Societies (Starting with the latest)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience: Starting with the latest)
- Research interest or Commissioned Projects:
- Completed (list)
- List of Publications with Details of Title, Publishers, or dates and pages (where applicable)
- Conferences and Workshops attended with papers presented (Starting with the latest) in Peer-reviewed journals.
- Information on Fellowship, Masters’ Projects and Ph.D. Thesis Supervised: (To include the following) (Starting with the latest):
- Title of Thesis
- Name of Student(s)
- Date / Year of Commencement
- Completed / Ongoing (Anticipated date of Completion)
- Sole/Collaborative Supervision
- Details of Administrative Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees: Two of the referees must be a senior professional/scientist in the candidate’s fields. It is the duty of the Candidate to inform the referees to write and send their report to the Registrar before the closing date.
All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Borno State University,
P. M.B. 1122, Njimtilo,
Kano Road, Maiduguri,
- Candidate should indicate the position they applied for boldly on the right-hand side of the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidate will receive an acknowledgement and invitation for an interview.
- All appointments for this position is subject to positive External Assessments.