University of Agriculture and Environmetal Sciences – The journey of Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo towards becoming a University started from a humble beginning in 1979 by Imo State Edict No. 11 of 1979 that established it as a Monotechnic College of Agriculture, to provide courses of study, training, and research as well as the development of techniques and skills in all branches of Agriculture and Technology. In 2007 the institution was upgraded to a Polytechnic status through a law passed by the Imo state House of Assembly, Law No. 11 of 2007. In 2012, the Law was further amended by Imo State House of Assembly, Law No. 15 of 2012 that made the Polytechnic a multi-campus Institution.
Recently, the Polytechnic campus at Umuagwo was pgraded to the University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences Umuagwo by the Law No. 4 2019, of the lmo State House of Assembly establishing the UAES. NUC recognized the University on the 18th th April 2019 as the 49th State and 171st University in the Nigerian University System and the second Public University established and fully owned by the Imo State government. The mission of this University is to produce persons with capacity to contribute to the scientific transformation of Agriculture and the Environment in Nigeria and in accordance with the goals of sustainable development.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- A minimum of a good Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Possession of a professionally recognized Accounting and Finance qualifications such as ANAN, ICAN, CPA and ACCA; among relevant others.
- Ten (10) years of relevant cognate experience, six(6) years of which should be in a University environment;
- He/she must have reached the position of Principal Internal Auditor and has served waiting period for Chief Internal Auditor;
- Be competent in relevant computer/ICT and other Accounting & Finance Packages.
- Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in the appropriate fields (Accounting, Finance, etc) will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.