African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant, FIFC2
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000732
- The Vice-Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
- The primary purpose of the Banks’s administrative expenses is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds.
- The Division not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank in the management of expenses.
- Ensure the Banks’s financial rules and regulations are respected and all working procedures are adhered to in processing payments related to administrative expenses.
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Accounts Assistant – Grant, prepare and verify various payments and journal vouchers, ensuring observance of policies and procedures.
- The incumbent also ensure that all Grants’ payments are correctly made and recorded in the appropriate General Ledger accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Accounts Assistant – Grant will undertake the following functions;
- Manage the processing of payments to consultants and suppliers under the capital and administrative budget of the Bank and from bilateral sources/Trust Funds; Processing and accounting of advances – review authorizations, documentation, and Vendor accounts and inter-company reconciliations.
- Review project agreement to ascertain all compliance requirements.
- Analyse and determine the appropriateness of Grantee’s requests for disbursements and the supporting documentation. Determine whether they should be approved, reduced or rejected in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures. This requires the identification of irregularities and non-compliance with Bank procedures and policies, as well as highlighting circumstances for further investigation where the Bank may be exposed to financial risk.
- Review and recommend changes to the Trust Fund Management System, policies and procedures to promote timeliness, accuracy and efficiency in processing while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Draft clear and concise correspondence to Task managers and/or operational staff on disbursement- related issues;
- Facilitate fund transfers to sub-grantees in accordance with the work plan and budget allocation.
- Ensure that trust fund and grant agreements, correspondence and other related transactions are maintained in the appropriate file.
- Respond to questions from Task Team Leaders, mid suppliers on payments, balances, and application status.
- Cooperate with concerned departments and stakeholders to resolve disbursement issues promptly.
- Monitor grantee’s utilization of special account funds, ensuring that the funds are properly accounted for and used in accordance with Bank procedures.
- Contribute to improving the efficiency of grant and TF disbursement operations by ensuring that records and reports are properly maintained and updated at all times.
- Prepare and dispatch month end disbursement reports to Task manager/cost center manager or/to FIRM department for information and to enable them to update their records accordingly.
- Participate in reviewing the grant agreement to ensure that disbursement arrangements are compliant with Bank Group disbursement policies.
- Participate in departmental/divisional task forces.
- Identify issues relating to disbursement policies, procedures and guidelines and recommend actions or enhancements.
- Follow up the advances made from the trust fund and process justifications timely.
- Provide support and facilitate all internal and external audits related with the project funds.
- Review, research, verification and timely reconciliation of a variety of financial data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with rules and regulations; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions where necessary.
- Any other ad hoc assignment as may be required.
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Audit. A postgraduate qualification in Finance, Audit or Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in accounting. Experience in Audit or accounting firm is an advantage.
- Six (6) years’ experience in accounts payable is added advantage.
- Private sector experience is an added advantage.
- Analytical skills and ability to work with detail and convey accurate information.
- Accounting payable skills.
- Strong communication skills and a commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative new approaches to activities.
- Up-to-date knowledge and detailed understanding of current changes and required skills.
- Ability to apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Strong client orientation and ability to work in a team and develop strong relations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Preferably with working knowledge of the second language.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in SAP (SAP travel, MM, TFMS, and FI), Word, Excel and Access.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online