Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
Reports to: Head of Operations
Direct reports: 3
Overall people management responsibility: 3
Matrix management responsibility: 2
Budgetary responsibility: Nil
Child protection clearance required: Not required
Expected travel per annum: Occasional
On call/unsocial hours: No
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
- The role provides an effective and efficient administration/logistics support to the Country team to enable the smooth functioning of the office, facilities, equipment and smooth day to day office operations.
- The post holder plays a vital role in ensuring proactive and timely logistics support to the county team.
- The role holder ensures that procedures are followed, standards are met and maintained.
- The post holder supports the Internal Procurement Committee and may be appointed to hold any position within the committee.
- This role works within the Operations team of the Nigeria office.
- The role supports the administration, logistics and procurements component of the department is the liason point for work permits and visa applications and plays a key part in driving effective systems and processes that enable the department meet its operational objectives.
- The post holder will ensure that systems are maintained and procedures are followed in all the sub-offices including the country office according to Christian Aid standard working closely with other administrative staff in the country programme.
- The post holder will support the procurement process for the Country programme as part of the procurement Committee.
- Facilitate the smooth flow of administrative processes across office locations.
- Coordinate and ensure effect inventory and asset management across office locations liaising with relevant administrative staff
- Coordinate country office logistics management working closely with the Administrative Assistant
- Coordinate the inspection of facilities and intra-office equipment movement for adequate documentation.
- Provide support with consultancy and vendor contract management processes
- Conduct inductions for new staff on administrative systems and procedures.
- Work closely with the Procurement Committee including assuming any position as may be appointed within the committee.
- Review performance service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Attend to Other duties as assigned.
- External Liaising with external stakeholders at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose specifically, the Suppliers, Service Providers and Regulatory Institutions.
- Internal Liaising with colleagues at all levels,
- Making decisions regarding the day to day running of administrative and financial functions within the humanitarian response. Making decisions to ensure relationships are managed effectively with external suppliers. Display good judgements to ensure smooth operations.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to routine taks and information, and testing solutions to day to day issues.
Developing Self and Others:
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback in a timely manner. Take personal initiative to deliver on responsibility under supervision. Able to request support in the execution of duties and taking advice.
Applied Skills/Knowledge and Expertise
- Educated to degree level in Business Administration or any relevant discipline.
- Sound knowledge of Office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of relevant database systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with people of diverse background
- Proven experience of producing and analysing data accurately
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role and familiarity with operations of INGOs..
- Demonstrable ability to communicate fluently in English (oral and written)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a wide range of complicated issues.
- Sound knowledge of office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of relevant database systems.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use of discretion where appropriate.
- Pleasant and good-natured disposition with a ‘can do’ attitude /willingness to assist around the office.
- Excellent nonverbal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage conflict/difficult situation.
- High sense of responsibility, proactiveness and reliability.
- Membership of relevant professional body
IT Competency required:
Competency Profile – LEVEL 2: You are expected to be able to:
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organisational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain on-going relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behavior, adapting your style and approach to fit.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce the inefficient use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and to deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritise, plan and monitor own work to meet own and team deliverables to agreed performance or quality standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say “no” if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyse options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Recognise how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to help them learn.
Strive for Improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges even if these fall outside own scope of work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate them for own work.
Full time Salary
N8,114,408.00 per annum.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020
14th September, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Further details of specific tasks and duties will be agreed with the line manager as part of the performance agreement. Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- This role profile is not prescriptive; it merely outlines the key behaviours the role-holder requires to be successful in the role; the key behaviours and responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the role-holder.
- You will be expected to abide by the Code of Conduct, policies and procedures within Christian Aid which may be updated from time to time.
- You must be in sympathy with the aims, beliefs and values of Christian Aid as it seeks to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication.