Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer
- Senior Compliance Officer the position holder ensures compliance with AHNi and funder policies, procedures, the management and reduction of general risk to the organization.
- S / he will carry out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards by which AHNi’s financial resources are managed.
- S / he will review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and the safeguard of assets.
- S / he will plan, perform and report back on internal audits to ensure that financial control, financial guidelines of funder organizations and other control procedures in purchasing, procurement and contracting are in place and are being properly implemented and managed within AHNi offices.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BSc in Accounting or Finance with 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs that includes 3-5 years of supervisory experience in internal control function
- MS / MA in accounting or finance or related field with 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs and includes 3-5 years of supervisory experience in internal control function
- Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses
- Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications
- Familiarity with USAID or similar donor-funded programs is required
- CPA. ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required
- Oversees internal control experience is an advantage
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobsJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.