Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Technology Strategist (Intern) – Customer Facing Technologies
Job number: 847861
Locations: Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey – Johannesburg (MEA-HQ), Gauteng, South Africa – Nairobi, Nairobi City, Kenya – Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria – Dubai (MEA-HQ), Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Other, Other, Qatar – Other, Other, Oman
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Internship
- Taking on a customer facing technical role, you’ll get to grips with the world’s most advanced technologies, see new products come to market and introduce cutting-edge technology solutions to our customers.
- We have some of the world’s biggest companies as clients. If you like the idea of developing technical solutions to help them overcome their business problems, this is the role for you.
- The Account Technology Strategist (ATSs) are our enterprise customer’s chief architects. Acting as a chief architect offers a high profile, customer-facing role that is the primary technical face and orchestration point for enterprise customers. Successful ATS’ have a strong, proven IT background and demonstrated knowledge with a broad range of Microsoft solutions and technologies.
- As an ATS you must relish the opportunity to build and maintain trusted advisor relationships with technical leads at some of America’s largest organizations including CIOs, CTOs, Enterprise Architects, and IT Directors.
- You will be responsible for developing the account technology vision and strategy to support the overall business objectives for Microsoft and customers. The ATS works closely with the Account Executive, Customer Support, Technical Sales, and Business Development sales disciplines to ensure all new sales are well scoped to achieve sustainable business results.
- ATS’ champion their customer success across varying Microsoft solutions, technologies, and channel partners often within multiple accounts. The role includes coordinating and guiding both the customer and Microsoft enterprise account teams on all technical domains.
- Confidence to manage executive relationships, both internally and with customers, to create business transformation.
- Combining business acumen with technological experience.
- Microsoft Product Certification, ITIL / similar ITSM knowledge is a plus.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or master’s computer science, computer engineering, IT or electrical engineering or STEM fields or related fields with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship. Alternatively still registered as a student at the time of application (South Africa).
- Passion for technology and working with customers.
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- English language and local language fluency for all roles.
- Full unrestricted work authorization for your chosen location.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers’ satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you’re open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Focused: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you’re deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Applications to this opportunity are considered for all available intern roles, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field.