The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to Director, Legal Services
- Job holder is responsible for providing typical professional-level administrative support to the Director Legal Services and contributing to the effectiveness of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as the first line of contact for the office of the Director Legal Services concerning any inquiries; relays complex/sensitive information and instructions as appropriate.
- Provides accurate responses to inquiries and determines the correct course of action or redirects inquirers to appropriate person/area.
- Coordinates and organizes detailed calendars, events, reports, agenda planning and prioritizing appointments; prepares an account of meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items
- Organizes and manages the departments’ documents in accordance with established tools and resources, ensures compliance with internal document retention policy; ensures department-confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
- Generates, manages and distributes general memos, reports and mails to appropriate authorities in a timely manner
- Provides logistic support by researching and compiling information/documentation for the preparation of reports, assembles and organises materials for meeting and coordinates projects as directed by the Director.
- Tracks and assists in closing out on assignments and tasks for Legal Services staff.
- Flags and follows up on outstanding /overdue assignments.
- Prepares weekly and monthly report of activities for the Director.
- Requests and follows up on delivery of office supplies and monitors usage.
- Conducts proper filling and retrieval of documents/acknowledgment.
- Reports and monitors maintenance of office equipment.
- Follows up on prompt payment to External Counsel, where necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director to support the efficient operation of the department.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities
- LLB. BL
- Minimum of 3-5 years post call work experience in a related organization, providing support for upper-level management in a professional environment where confidentiality, initiative, sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued.
- Advanced level of proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Relevant knowledge of legal terminology, syntax, and forms.
- Experience with legal document drafting.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, organize a diversified workload, and recommend office process improvements as necessary.
- Ability to adapt well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to details and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency.
- Extensive experience managing calendars for multiple individuals and determining the priority of meeting requests and events.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, grammar, business writing, and editing, proofreading, and presentation preparation skills
Other Required Competencies:
- Time management
- Problem-solving skills
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2021 at 5:00 pm GMT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
No.1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT.
Attention: The Executive Director, Corporate Services.
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The subject of your email should be “Position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.