The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1) Job Title: HR (Recruitment) Assistant
Requisition ID: req6877
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Human Resources
Position Reports to: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer, the Recruitment Assistant serves as support for recruitment related activities as well as provision of recruitment support to ensure effective and efficient execution of processes, projects and activities.
Key Working Relationships
Support the Recruitment Team in achieving the core objectives to:
- Provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, from offer to start as well as ensuring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- Ensure national staff benefits, data and information administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases to ensure smooth delivery of internal services to employees.
- Provide comprehensive support function to the HR team for adhoc tasks and future organizational projects.
- Participate in the coordination of all aspects of recruitment and selection process including; scheduling interviews and tests with candidates, provide feedback as appropriate and conduct reference checks and back ground checks.
- Prepare recruitment materials and documents as required.
- Support the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer to ensure the maintenance of IRC recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
- Draft offer letters and employment contracts and all other employee related letters for all national employees including collection and maintenance of new starters’ documents.
- Maintenance of recruitment data such job descriptions, interview grids, reference checks tests.
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of Abuja and Base HR Documents.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Work effectively as a member of the HR team to ensure optimization of resources across the team as well as delivering consistency and effectiveness of practice.
- Other relevant duties and project work as directed by the Senior Talent Officer.
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following IRC Nigeria staff regulations
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management /Business Administration and relevant field required
- Not less than 12 months work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment and Talent Management
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
2) Job Title: IT Intern
Requisition ID: req6808
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Scope of Work
- The IT Intern will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
Key working relationships:
- This position reports: IT Assistant
- This position manages no staff
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2-years of relevant experience with NGOs or international organizations
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 7, MS Office 2013, Sophos Anti Virus,Routers.
- Experience with following technologies: LAN, WAN , VSAT [c and Ku band], VSAT installer certification preferred
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
3) Job Title: RH Midwife
Requisition ID: req6724
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno and Gwoza of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State.
Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods. In response to the new IDP influx displaced from Kukawa local government, the IRC will be providing emergency reproductive health package according to the MISP for the new IDP influx and host communities.
- The Midwife is a member of the health team, and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Emergency Reproductive Health activities in Maiduguri including the MISP (Minimum Initial Service Package for RH in Crisis Situations) according to the IRC and donor work plans
- She will work to ensure the improved quality of the project clinical activities e.g. family planning, maternal and neonatal care, case management of sexually transmitted diseases and the clinical management of sexual assault survivors in the IRC supported health facilities
- The Midwife will ensure the well-being of girls and women in Maiduguri and Monguno both through the IRC supported health facility and through RH Services at community level
- The Midwife is responsible for the oversight and implementation of Maternal and Neonatal Care, in particular: Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care (BEmONC), Antenatal Care and Postnatal Care, Counselling and provision of Family Planning (including Long term methods) are offered according to MoH Guidelines at the IRC supported health facilities is of quality standard, Post Abortion Care.
- In line with the Minimal Initial Service Package (MISP),
- Provide the Clinical Care for Sexual Assault Survivors (CCSAS) according to national protocols and guidelines.
- Provide the clinical care activities in the IRC RH clinical area or at the maternity
- Adhere to and practice use of Universal Precautions and proper waste management at all IRC supported health facilities.
- Performs basic and assisted delivery care.
- Performs any needed neonatal and obstetric resuscitation activity.
- Ensures timely supported referrals to the nearest Emergency Obstetric Care center.
- Provide technical support and guidance to other midwives in assisted deliveries (by vacuum, forceps, and breech).
- Identifies survivors of sexual assault and refers them for registration, counseling and Clinical Care Support the RH and GBV clinic staff with technical advice, and provides services in line with the MoH and/ or international best practice guidelines.
- Monitor progress against grant work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays and recommending solutions to technical issues.
- Prepare Purchase Request forms for program supplies/activities and undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
- Monitor program supply inventory levels; perform monthly spot-checks on program inventory
- Work with and provide timely technical support to IRC’s implementing partners; maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner staff, services providers and patients.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Emergency response lead/RH Manager
- Position directly supervises: Clinic support
- Indirect Reporting: RH Doctor, RH Officer
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Health team, WPE team
- External: Other SRH partners.
- Qualified Midwife/Nurse with a Degree/Diploma/Certificate and a practicing license
- At least 2 years experience in midwifery and nursing care preferably in SRH, at BEmONC and at primary health care level
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Skills to communicate on sensitive RH topics, provide RH education
- 1 year of experience counseling survivors of abuse or violence with a reputable organization.
- Clear understanding of gender equality and gender issues for women and girls.
- Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate other midwives, nursing staff and community health workers in their respective tasks.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English.
- Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- English and Hausa a must, Kanuri and Shuwa will be an added advantage
- For position in Gwoza, indigenes will be given priority
Standards of Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
4) Job Title: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Requisition ID: req6725
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection
- Most of these programs are driven in strategic partnership with government partners and communities.
- The M&E Officer is responsible for managing key research and M&E activities and will track, collect, and review project level performance data and conduct analysis where required
- General responsibilities of M&E Officer include: providing research support in data collation, training research enumerators/assistants, develop M&E plans; tracking activities and results
- He/she should have capacity to develop information management systems for reporting and retrieving research results; guidance documents and training materials for results reporting; and assisting project research principles in associated research materials consolidation to meet the research outcomes
- The role will also include participation in field monitoring activities and technical support to field teams during the research lifespan. The M&E Officer will work under the supervision of Education M&E Manager, overseen by the M&E coordinator.
- Support the Education Sector in implementing research package within the locations of assignment, following ethically sound research approaches, a research protocol and a set work plan;
- Ensure that detailed and feasible project monitoring plans are developed that: i) consider ethical and safe collection and storage of data, ii) consider data quality, iii) consider storing, protecting and sharing project documents;
- Closely work with M&E and Education Managers to make sure the research project has adequate and tested standard monitoring tools that capture research activities outputs;
- Make sure all research locations have accountability mechanisms;
- In consultation with the Education M&E Manager, organize lesson sharing events like lesson bazars to fertilize learning among different input across the centers;
- Assist in identifying, documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice;
- Lead implementation research studies conducted in formal education (tutorial) program.
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Lead baseline and end-line evaluation data collection (including development of data collection tools, recruitment and training of enumerators, data collection and compilation of the data);
- Manage routine data collection from formal learning centers and share when appropriate;
- Support the M&E Manager and HQ technical Unit to analyze and publish results of research;
- Develop and follow monthly/annual research activity plans including M&E plans;
- Work with M&E Manager to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods to use;
- Ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and/or tracking sheets, and/or the data platform on a regular basis;
- Track progress on action points related to implementation and M&E activities;
- Closely follow up the field data collection and flag data collection issues to the M&E Manager;
- Conduct data quality audit of research data to identify and resolve systemic problems affecting data quality;
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Support in identifying and synthesizing good practices and lessons learned.
- University Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Social Science, Measurement and Evaluation, Economics and Statistics, or a related discipline;
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in research/monitoring and evaluation within development / humanitarian sector, preferably in education sector;
- Proven technical skills in research, monitoring and evaluation, including experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Good knowledge of research methods, methodologies and techniques;
- Proven experience in conducting standard research, preferably in education sector;
- Familiarity with data analysis tools (e.g: Advanced Excel with Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, Power Query and complex Excel formula);
- Familiarity with and ability to develop electronic data collection tools using: ODK, Kobo collect and Tangerine.
- Develop interactive dashboard using: Pivot Tables and/or Microsoft Power BI.
- Proactive and effective planning and organizing skills; flexible work attitude;
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring;
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian accountability principles and their translation into practice;
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose and values;
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Ability to facilitate and communicate in local languages such as: Hausa, Kanuri and Fulfulde.
- Female candidates who met the above criteria are strongly advised to apply.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate and write in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online