Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
1) Job Title: Legal Lead
Job Type: Full Time
- Coordinate and take down minutes at Annual General Meetings, Board, Management and Committee Meetings.
- Circulate Audited Accounts to shareholders.
- Dissemination of Board and Management Decisions.
- Maintaining Statutory Registers.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s Memorandum and Article of Association Liaison and filling of returns to Statutory and Regulatory Bodies.
- Payment of dividend and issuance of Share certificates to shareholders.
- Drafting of Memorandum of understanding Agreements on different projects with Technical Partners.
- Vetting of Project Agreements.
- Liaison with Technical Partners and Contractors on Contracts Agreements.
- Negotiating with communities in the Niger Delta oil producing areas.
- Offering Legal Advice
- Preparation of legal report to Board/Management.
- Coordinate payment of utility bills and taxes to local and state Government.
- Coordinate the procurement, maintenance and disposal of Company assets.
- Company Image custodian
- Maintain discipline and carry out disciplinary measures on erring staff.
- Ensure ethics and code of conduct to guide employee relationship with the Company.
- Graduate Degree in Law and other related fields.
- 5 – 7 years experience in Legal Practice.
- Human Resource and Administration Management experience will be an added advantage.
- Certifications will be an added advantage.
2) Job Title: HR & Admin Personnel
Job Type: Full Time
- Our client is looking to hire a driven and very organized individual to fill the role of Human Resources & Admin Personnel
- The candidate would provide administrative support functions to the human resource operations of the organisation. The candidate will also support the day-to-day activities of Human Resources department
- HR & Admin Personnel responsibilities include processing employee data, updating company policies and assisting in the hiring process.
- To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
- Minimum of 2:1 Degree
- Must be a chartered CIPM / PHRi professional
- Experience of 3-5 years in HR (Generalist preferably) & Admin position
- Must have worked in a highly reputable organization
- M.Sc / MBA is an added advantage.
3) Job Title: Project Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
- The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts.
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report on project profitability to management.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers.
- Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- At least three years of experience in project accounting.
4) Job Title: Head, Risk Management
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head, Risk Management shall have the primary responsibility of developing and ensuring effective and efficient implementation of the company’s risk management framework, including review of the framework and obtaining all the necessary approvals
- He/she will be responsible for assessing, rating, recommending, monitoring and reporting on the operational, financial, strategic and compliance risks that the company faces in delivery of its mandate
- He/she will also be responsible for the assessment and monitoring of the credit risk of the company’s counterparties, including partner financial institutions, issuers of investment instruments etc.
- Establish and run the risk management function in a hands-on fashion initially, before building a team in line with the company’s growth;
- Develop the framework, policy and operating guidelines for the company’s risk management function;
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the company and developing risk management systems, including operating and financial models;
- Create and improve tools for identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and reporting risks for the company;
- Heading the Risk Committee;
- In the setting-up risk management environment, the CRO will play an important role in development of the company’s strategy through identification of the loss/risk drivers inherent in each strategy;
- Establish and help manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers of the company;
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose;
- Working closely with the CEO, CFO, relevant board members and committees, senior managers across the company in moulding a well-controlled, high achieving organization which can fulfil its mandate safely;
- Perform research to identify the risks facing the company, their severity and determine the probability of occurrence;
- Develop strategies to measure identified risks appropriately, and articulate a coherent risk appetite for the company;
- Design operational policies and procedures to mitigate the risks;
- Implement and assign responsibilities for risk management;
- Risk monitoring and risk reporting to different stakeholders;
- Establishing and maintaining risk governance systems and structures at management level, in accordance with the overall risk management framework approved by the Board;
- Lead the company’s efforts in pursuing risk re-guarantees and co-guarantees, where such are considered;
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework;
- As a member of senior management and the executive committee, provide essential input on the company’s enterprise risk management to the board risk committee, the CEO and senior management of the company;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the company’s overall risk management framework, policy and implementation plan;
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate, and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Regularly participate in management meetings, and carry out any other duties as may be required.
- Budgeting responsibilities – discretionary control over risk department budgets up to a level approved by the CEO.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration plus professional Accounting qualifications such as CPA or ACCA;
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration and/or Finance / Accounting will be an added advantage;
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice
- A background in banking, insurance or trade finance is essential;
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements;
- Knowledge in regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes in Nigeria.
5) Job Title: C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN078
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Communication LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF C4D/Polio Programme in Borno State. The LGA Facilitator will be located at the LGA level with frequent trips to the LGAs with high numbers of missing children in key wards.
- Particular emphasis will be on communication approaches to reach the populations in all high-risk areas, to eliminate missed children due to non-compliance and maximum reach for immunisation programmes. This facilitator will support other UNICEF C4D initiatives, in respect of health, education, nutrition, WASH and child protection activities, including COVID-19 as applicable.
- Supervise team of Volunteer Ward Supervisors (VWS), Polio Survivor Group (PSG) and Volunteer community Mobilizers (VCM) in his/her area(s) through regular monitoring, capacity building and supportive supervision.
- Work within a specified LGA, with its ward and settlement teams to ensure deeper ward/settlements analysis, planning and implementation of strategic communications interventions. The specific communication interventions to be implemented in each area will be informed by local knowledge, social data and unique characteristics of the wards/settlements.
- Consult with UNICEF Borno C4D, and the State Facilitator to mobilize and ensure the effective organization and functioning of LGA Social mobilization task team.
- Support LGA Health Educator in meetings of the LGA Social Mobilization team to plan, implement and report on communication interventions in support of the polio and non-polio SIA programmes and targeting high-risk wards within the state.
- Conduct regular community mapping exercises to identify vulnerable groups, hard to reach communities, strategic communication and mobilization delivery points and channels for messaging, advocacy and public education (micro-planning)
- Identify training needs/gaps of various groups and seek support from UNICEF Borno C4D and State Facilitator to implement capacity building activities to fill knowledge gaps and address deficiencies.
- Identify key local level influencers such as district heads, religious leaders, women groups, town announcers, traditional dancers, pharmacies, social and cultural groups and support the planning and implementation of such activities as Majigis, mop up activities, use of local town announcers and special events, to create high levels of public awareness to resolve non-compliance and reduce missed children.
- Monitor the relevance and use of IEC materials and make specific recommendations on their adaptability to local reality.
- Spend adequate time working with the various community groups and monitor all communication activities so that UNICEF’s support to local level communication interventions and their impact can be documented across all UNICEF programmes (Health/Polio, WASH, Education, Nutrition, Child Protection)
- Track the delivery and efficient utilization of campaign social mobilization funds at the LGA level. Report on how funds are spent to support various communication activities and facilitate in coordination with UNICEF Borno C4D and state facilitator, the effective use of SocMob funds (Channelled through the Government departments) at the state, LGA and WARD levels for Polio and non-Polio SIAs.
- Monitor and report on a monthly basis the factual and complete disbursement of honorariums to Volunteer Community Mobilizers, Polio Survivors Group and Volunteer Ward Supervisors, reporting immediately any misappropriation of funds to Borno UNICEF Programme Manager (polio) and State Facilitator.
- Actively participate in all State-level pre-campaign trainings as appropriate.
- Support all C4D activities in respective LGA/Wards/Settlements to promote child survival and protection.
- University Degree in the Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- At least three years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international humanitarian organisations in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Experience in social mobilization, advocacy and communication in health-related programmes, training/capacity building, team leading and team building.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Managerial and supervisory skills.
- Strong analytical(including data), negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- The role reports to the C4D/Polio State Facilitator
- The duty location covers Borno State
- The contract duration is 5 Months
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online