British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
1) Job Title: Associate Manager – Compliance & Corporate Finance
Job Number: 26168
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Associate Manager – Compliance & Corporate Finance to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria
- Drive the timely assessment and closure of compliance review plans and open actions across the area
- Update and follow up of actions updated on the control environment dashboard
- Manage the Controls Excellence Dashboard and Continuous Control Monitoring – Monthly communication of exception reports to the business for process improvement and drive compliance.
- Update and follow up of actions on TaO KPI Dashboard
- Drive the timely delivery and submission of Controls navigator assessment and follow up on open actions
- Approval Matrix-SDoA (Statement of Delegated Authority), PO release strategies, JML (Accesses for Joiners, Movers & Leavers)
- Provide consultancy services on compliance, audit & operations
- Business control strategies – Fraud focus areas, WAM (West Africa Markets) Business Control Team activities, policies/procedures/guidelines
- Drive risk management awareness – Risk Registers etc.
- Projects – WAM fixed assets verifications, assets disposals, creation of entities
- Embed SOX Way of Working across the business – 100% pass rate from KMPG Audit and BCT Testing
- Actively support the timely remediation of action plans from BCT’s remote OE testing
- Active involvement in the SOX Cycle Testing
- Support the STP (Sustainable Tobacco Programme) for leaf operations
- Develop SMART Performance Objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Financial background with a professional accountancy qualification (such as ACCA, CPA), a relevant university degree and sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, preferably in FMCG or Big 4 environment
- Understanding and awareness of other business functions and their interface with Finance
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Good collaboration and influencing skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
2) Job Title: Internal Communications and Sustainability Manager
Job Number: 25772
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- As a key member of the Corporate Affairs team, the Internal Communications and Sustainability Manager (IC & Sus Manager) will manage the company’s internal communications programme, provide strategic communication support to the business, while ensuring the drive for digitally-enabled campaigns.
- He or she will also be responsible for addressing key business-related sustainability (social, environmental and economic) impacts in a way that builds value for our stakeholders as well as our shareholders, which will in turn improve our commercial sustainability.
- This would involve supporting, through internal communications, the corporate evolution of the corporate brand as well as the harm reduction initiatives.
- This also involves the launch/introduction of potentially reduced risk products (PRRP) in the West and Central African Area, which we will continue to develop and introduce to the solid portfolio of consumer solutions for our well-known global brands – Velo/Lyft, Vype, glo, etc.
- This role reports to the Area Head of Corporate Affairs and is a self-managed role, the coverage scope being the West and Central African Area (Anglophone and Francophone).
- Set digital communications strategy to manage employee communications that ensure employees understand and support company strategies, principles, compliance directives and initiatives, and the impact on the employee’s day-to-day activities.
- Develops, manages and produces effective digital communications tools and platforms, such as company electronic newsletters/magazines, corporate literature and technology enabled internal campaigns, that ensure staff are aware of and supporting business initiatives and success.
- Develops and manages the development of annual communications cycle plans that incorporates functional and company requirements and supports the company’s evolved plan and focus.
- Strengthening the recommended approach to Sustainability Agenda.
- Drive high standards and best practice on Sustainability management approach.
- Provide technical advice and support on Sustainability issues.
- Monitor emerging global sustainability issues.
- Graduate calibre, ideally with professional or higher qualification in Internal Communication, IT or Marketing.
- Good understanding of all aspects of digital communications and social media and able to keep up to date with new developments as they happen.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Expert in project management and good understanding of the tobacco regulatory environment.
- 3 years+ broad Internal Communications/IT/Marketing experience, ideally in a blue-chip company.
- Understanding of the wider communications disciplines; experience of change management.
- Understanding of research tools and methodologies; can conduct small scale online qualitative and quantitative research.
- He or she should have an understanding of Sustainability issues within corporate organizations, comprehensive understanding of stakeholder management and reporting process and best practice standards and mechanisms.
- Ability to identify Sustainability issues cross functionally and drive a sustainable agenda to address issues identified.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online