Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Detailed Production Scheduling (DPS) Planner
Location: Agbara Factory, Lagos
Position Type: Full-time
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Detailed Production Scheduling (DPS) Planner to consistently provide short-term production plans with feasible and realistic availability of resources (production lines/labor and materials).
A day in the life of
- Creating a feasible production plan within the DPS period that meets the market demand; taking into consideration available capacity, labor and materials that respect the inventory policy, product family sequencing – as determined by the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) Planner; and best optimize the factory’s ability to produce the Stock-Keeping Unit (SKU).
- Identification of possible opportunities or glitches in the factory and practical issues concerning plant shutdowns, as well as the timing of promotion activities within the DPS period.
- Providing advance information on resource requirements within the DPS period.
- Conducting Monthly Production Reviews (MPR) in the factory to ensure gaps are identified in advance thereby, mitigating potential risks.
- Event planning in close coordination with the Supply Planner and all relevant stakeholders in the factory.
- Constant effective planning to meet market demands with minimal (zero) failures.
- Regular and continuous interactions with material planners as well as production teams.
What will make you successful
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or any other closely-related course.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant operational experience at market/business level, in at least one of the following areas – Manufacturing Function or Planning Function (DRP – Distribution Requirement Planning or MRP – Material Requirement Planning). Experience in Product Lifecycle process would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of Demand and Supply Planning best practices and processes – DPS system (SAP-APO).
- Possession of insight in capacity details, Production Version (PV) and line outputs.
- In-depth understanding of best practices, implications, alignment points, benefits and issues of Customer Service, Distribution Requirement Planning (Domestic/International), Factory Operations, Inventory Management (Finished Goods), Materials Management (Raw and Packaging) and Supply Chain KPIs.
- Ability to analyze the critical elements of Product Portfolio (such as type of demand, seasonality, lifecycle status, shelf life) and their relationship with work.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn fast.
- Sound knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Excel.
- Eye for detail – Able to balance priorities, see the bigger picture beyond the scope of one’s job and to challenge the status quo where required.
- Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen and Just-In-Time manufacturing would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Apply by clicking on the link above, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV.
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.