9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1) Job Title: Specialist, Cloud Management
- Responsible for designing, developing and delivering Cloud based solutions for EMTS through secure and lean practices using built-for-cloud strategies.
- Support teams, projects, and the business in the delivery and management of services on Cloud Infrastructure through architecture and design.
- Act as an ambassador for Cloud Infrastructure platforms by assisting with the design and delivery of cloud-based services through automation and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for integrating new cloud services (applications and infrastructure) into the organization’s portfolio of internal systems and existing cloud services.
- Collaborates with technology brokers and external providers to understand new cloud services and integration technologies and their implications for the organization.
- Partner with technical teams and senior architects to analyse technical and non-technical requirements to build cloud-based solutions.
- Support the Cloud Operations by ensuring that services on Cloud Infrastructure are designed reliably, securely, whilst performing effectively and efficiently Responsible for the design and implementation of Cloud based services running on Cloud Infrastructure and ensuring that it meets the business objectives and adhere to service level agreements (SLA)
- Work closely with Strategy and Project teams to ensure Cloud solutions are aligned with EMTS strategic goals
- Execute knowledge transfer activities to ensure smooth project transition to the support organizations, and participate, in a consultative capacity, in problem management to ensure a stable environment.
- Collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new Cloud solutions
- Provide visibility of performance, cost, and the security of Cloud Infrastructure and services.
- Coordinate Technical specifications (design), development, unit testing, deployment, support, coordination of tasks and resources related to integration service/product areas.
- Drive continuous improvement, continuous delivery, and lean practices within the Cloud Infrastructure team.
- Documenting standards and best practices for use across IT and the business.
- Identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce cost, increase efficiencies, enhance capabilities, reduce risk and improve security
- Ensure that all Cloud technology directions create a positive customer experience
- Be accountable for the reliability and security of Cloud Infrastructure and services
- Review and identify ways to improve performance and stability of services and applications running on Cloud Infrastructure through continuous improvement and automation.
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or other numerate science.
- Up to Five (5) years relevant work experience, with Minimum 2 years experience with cloud-based architecture and implementation
- Strong working knowledge of cloud architectures; including AWS, Azure, or other cloud service providers
- Experience of Cloud pricing and commercial models; including Azure, AWS, or other cloud service providers
- Experience in leading discussions on business outcomes, requirements, and value
- Significant experience delivering and supporting Cloud Infrastructure and cloud-based applications
- Relevant experience with the creation and deployment of AWS cloud formation and/or Azure ARM templates through automation Communicates clearly and concisely, presents ideas in user-friendly language and has strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with automating Cloud Security best practices and frameworks
- Well versed in cloud cost optimization techniques and strategies.
- Able to conduct workshops to develop and design solutions
- Understanding operational environments with respect to incident and problem management
- Experience working in an agile environment Skills
- High level of both written and verbal communications skills, ability to gain clear agreement and commitment from others
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Effective influencing skills, with groups not directly working for you
- Automating infrastructure and application solutions on Cloud platforms through templating and code (e.g: cloud formation, Azure ARM templates)
- Ability to code/script in technologies required for the Cloud platforms (e.g: Powershell, Python, json/yaml)
- Ability to automate monitoring and notification solutions
- Ability to perform frequent, incremental code changes through testing and deployment
- Experience with continuous integration (“CI”), continuous deployment (“CD”) methodologies and version control toolsets
- Strong Linux and/or Windows System Administration Skills
- Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and application products
- Knowledge in Networking, Security, Storage and Container based technologies
- Ability to identify and change platforms where opportunities are identified
- High level of documentation and knowledge management.
- Conduct quick technical feasibility and proposal development for workloads on Cloud platforms.
2) Job Title: Specialist, Application Development
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing overall web architecture programs, applications and translating software requirements into workable programming codes for use in the business by performing prototyping, application tests and code reviews to ensure product is satisfactory.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Work with development teams and product managers to create software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Write technical documentation
- “Pixel-perfectimplementation of our approved user interface
- Design and deployment of our database
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Participation in the process to establish application and systems requirements for new projects or enhancements to existing services.
- Preparation and/or review of functional and technical specifications for products/services
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors during project development to review progress
- Preparation and deployment of pre-requisites for project deliverables.
- B.Sc / HND Computer Sciences, Statistics / Information Technology or equivalent/ Computer Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in full stack development.
- Relevant IT professional certifications
- Strong knowledge of IOT, Messaging and VIOP development
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficiency with Git
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience should include all phases of software lifecycle.
- Experience at interfacing with Vendors and Equipment Suppliers
- Understand Project Management Methodology
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Experience in or with:
- Continuous integration
- Test-driven development
- FLOW/JSON RPC
- Web and enterprise related technologies such as go-ethereum/Solidity, Node.js, AngularJS, Python, React js, React native Go, or Rust.
- Low-level application development in C++ or Go
- Tools: Git
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Must be a Full Stack Software Developer with expertise in building cutting edge web/ mobile applications
- Relevant experience or willingness to learn more about telco services
- Work closely with product managers, business leads and user community to ensure that all client-facing functions and features on both our website and mobile apps are intuitive, fast, efficient and fully meet our customers’ needs
- The Developer must be an expert in managing changes and updates real-time with little room for any downtime or failover since the platform runs 24×7.
- The ideal Developers must be passionate about emerging business & technology models as well as working in a space full of unknowns
- Must be enthusiastic and rigorous when tackling new problems, extremely versatile, and be ready to thrive in an agile, test-driven development and automated testing environment.
- Good knowledge of version control software
- Strong independent problem solver with good initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Streamline information systems and processes.
- Apply network theory and design principles to real-world scenarios.
- Demonstrate the technical expertise necessary for today’s complex business needs.
- Assist with strategic planning and manage a team of software application specialists.
- Leverage advanced skills and knowledge to succeed as an application development manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online