WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1) Job Title: Business Development Manager
- To drive the growth and development of profitable revenues for Company’s and thereby significantly contribute to the growth plans of the company.
- To develop a sales team and complimentary network of distributors and agents capable of creating, finding, negotiating and closing contracts for all Company’s products and targeted industries and geographies.
- To professionally manage and enhance the reputation and recognition of Company’s brand to maximise business potential.
Qualification, Knowledge, Experience:
- Educated to first degree level, preferably Engineering / Business Management.
- Seven years experience of business development, particularly in the security, defence, oil and gas, and marine industries, in an International setting.
- Proven management capabilities and leadership quality in developing, motivating and driving a team to achieve stretch goals.
- Strong service-oriented business acumen, excellent business planning and direct sales and marketing skills.
- Self-starter that requires low maintenance management.
- Computer literate and an excellent command of the English language.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Team player able to work well under pressure and for long hours in demanding conditions.
- Thorough understanding of security operations
- Project management
- Manufacturing, fabrication, construction and production
- Supply chain processes, contract administration and documentation
- Computer Skills
- Leadership skills
- Decision quality
- Interpersonal savvy
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Problem solving.
- Develop an overall plan that addresses the delivery of outstanding scope of the OML 83-85 development project, to achieve commissioning of the Phase 1 project, resulting in First Oil by the date specified by Management
- Secure Management approval of the plan and any subsequent revisions.
Deliver the following Phase 1 project scope in line with the above plan:
- Engineering, procurement, fabrication, load out, transportation and installation of Anyala Wellhead/Drilling Platform and all appurtenances
- Engineering, procurement, fabrication, load out, transportation and installation of Madu Wellhead/Drilling Platform and all appurtenances
- Engineering, procurement, upgrade, delivery to site and installation of FPSO
- Plan and execute the Phase 2 project scope, in line with the approved project plan.
- Identify and secure all resources required for successful project delivery. Constitute and manage the project team, including resources that may be seconded from support functions.
- Successfully deliver all phases of the OML 83-85 project to realise the value of the business opportunity, on schedule, within budget, and to the right quality
- Manage key stakeholders on whom project success depends; drawing on resources within and outside the company as may be necessary.
- Establish and implement a robust Change Management process that is consistent with the company’s Change Management procedure
- Maintain a risk register and actively manage identified risks to protect investment value
- Manage the activities and performance of the contractors and subcontractors through effective supervision and guidance, ensuring that technical queries are resolved without delay
- Through effective daily, weekly and monthly progress reviews and reporting, keep Management informed of the status of key aspects of the project, highlighting any issues that may require intervention at senior/executive levels
- Work through support functions to secure all required statutory approvals, ensuring that all aspects of the project are carried out in compliance with the law and company guidelines
- Hand over the successfully completed and commissioned facilities to the Production Operations department, with relevant documentation and where relevant, initial operating spares
- Close out all aspects of the project upon completion (or interim completion) in line with company process.
- Experience in Carbon Steel Fabrication and Installation, SURF and fresh water Installations in shallow water
- A minimum of 18 years experience in oil and gas facilities engineering and project management.
- Verifiable experience in project development to global technical standards and in compliance with global ESHIA standards
- Ability to effectively interface with the Commercial, Financial (Lenders and Shareholders), Regulatory and Legal compliance aspects of an integrated project
- Experience in executing a world class project in a community/security sensitive terrain such as the offshore Niger Delta
- Track record in the planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and operation of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, including oil/gas transportation pipelines. The offshore experience must be in water depth of not less than 25m
- Ability to develop and work with project plans and schedules including associated cost profiles
- Understanding of project reporting requirements of various stakeholders and ability to generate same
- Expertise in applying for and securing licenses and permits for the construction and operation of oil and gas production facilities, including pipelines
- Understanding of the Nigerian Content Development (NCD) requirements as applicable to the project and the required actions to achieve compliance.
- Knowledge of local fabrication capabilities and resources and how to maximize them to achieve project timelines
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork
- Fluency in written and spoken English language.
Location:Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Engineer will execute the activities within his area of responsibility and will coordinate the activities performed by subcontractors, ensuring the compliance with project requirements and Company standards.
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Prepare design specifications for reinforced concrete, maritime steel structures, piling, sheet-piles, mooring system works
- Set up and execute assigned engineering activities such as detail design, verification and studies relevant to any engineering topic associated to Maritime works
- Ensure interface with other Project Specialists, Designers and other Departments, Process, Construction, Fabrication and Transport
- Control of subcontracted maritime works engineering documents inside or outside the Company
- Prepare material specification for maritime structures
- Liaise with Method Department for set-up of the construction sequence to check maritime structures during temporary phases
- Prepare and control MTOs and BOQs
- Prepare S.O.W. and technical specification for maritime construction subcontracts
- Prepare technical documentation for maritime material requisition and assists the procurement dept. in the technical evaluations
- Supervise/Approve maritime civil structure design, plot plans of maritime structures and associated piling dwgs issued by Designers and Draftsmen
- Monitor trend of maritime works quantities with respect to bid
- Provide support field engineering at site
- It is requested the availability for long term assignment at Vendor premises and/or site.
- Proven experience in civil and structural design of Maritime Works, including jetty and berths, loading platforms, breasting and mooring structures, port structures and shore protections.
- Experience in coordination of subcontractor activities and support to site activity, as well as management of interface with Client and Vendors.
- At least 10 years of experience
- Maturity and experience working with ATC Contractors.
Location:Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Issue to vendors the Request for Quotation based on given purchasing request
- Support the vendors during the preparation of the technical/commercial proposals with obligation of confidentiality about the related bid info
- Prep are the commercial/economic bid tabulation to compare different proposals and suggest actions to be taken in order to improve bid result and/or select the vendor
- Lead the commercial/economic negotiation
- Prepare the purchase order/subcontract based on standard General Purchase Terms and Conditions and Project Special Purchase Conditions, if any, and managing possible deviations
- Close out the bid process receiving purchase/subcontract confirmation by selected vendor and informing the unsuccessful vendors about negative result of their bid
- Follow up and negotiate, if necessary, purchase order/subcontract revisions
- Perform the assigned activities in compliance with procedures and provided systems and tools
- Check and comment the technical documentation received with the Purchase Requisition and Technical Evaluation
- Manage contractual documentation (Archive) before the issue to centralized archive
As this is a greenfield project the following are requirements are a must:
- Job experience in EPC Company
- Procuring of Pipes/fittings/flanges/valves/steel structures/pressure vessels/rotating equipment/electrical and instrumentation materials (cables, switchgears, transformers, telecom systems, control and automation systems)
- Knowledge of SAP system
- Capability to work with autonomy when setting up the procurement activities (Vendor list preparation, selection, negotiations etc).
- So basically buyers but for services, and people who will be able to find the suppliers and negotiate with them. Experienced in Greenfield project phase. As always experience in oil/Gas company is a must.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online