The Lagos State Ministry of Health (
Job Title: ICT Officer
Location: Alausa Secretariat, Lagos
Duration of Contract: 11 months (
Reporting to: The Coordinator, Grant Management Unit.
- The GMJ ICT Officer will work on the
LSMoHIntegrated (HIV/TB/RSSH) Grant to manage the overall technology infrastructure for the Grant Management Unit and Implementing Units (RSSH, TB and HIV) including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that supports implementationof the grant.
- Ensure design improvements to the Grants ICT architecture, Support and contribute to IT-related tasks
or projectsthrough the implementation of appropriatetechnologies and solutions that will facilitate implementation of program activities.
- Support the entire staff on IT-related tasks and troubleshooting on hardware and software solutions across the
- Act as the principal administrator and ensure the maintenance of the Organization’s systems,
including:general computer support; software installations; license management: warranty updates, database administration; network, printers, audio/video conferencing and mobile phone support: deployment of equipment; management of inventories: disaster recovery; and periodic security vulnerability assessments with staff alert mechanism.
- Provide user training on common business applications and use of systems where necessary.
- Provide adequate support to the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) at
LASUTHPCR Laboratory,in generating validated computerized results.
- Support the GMU and Implementing Units to develop and update IT processes and procedures (ICT Strategy) and ensure they
are properly documented.
- Support the procurement process for ICT equipment and services.
- Adapt an Open Source Software or develop an Excel-based application/template that can
be used totrack performance of any component of the Integrated Grant
visitto supportedsites (facilities and communities) where grant ICT equipment are deployedfor on-the-spot assessment and provision of technical assistanceas required. Ensure ICT equipment, hardware, software and other resources are timely madeavailable and well maintained with assigned security.
- Troubleshoots, diagnose problems, implement corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs of all ICT equipment.
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level), liaise with
networkprovider to ensure reliable and constant connectivity. Deploy and manage an appropriate cloud-based storage (including an electronic filing system) for the Grant Management Unit.
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate ICT asset management system and documentation (ensure that that all ICT equipment
are taggedand any loss/damage is reportedwith accuracy, interact with external parties as and when required, keep track and ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile and ICT equipment)
- Undertake other duties as
mayberequested by the GMU Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, post graduate certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical IT role, preferably in an international
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience with a variety of technologies, including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft and Linux server technologies, Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange, cloud-based storage systems, Windows OS, Citrix and
- Any of the following certifications will
be an addedadvantage; Microsoft, CISCO, ITIL, Prince2 or any other relevant certification.
knowledgeof Information Management Systemssuch as LIMS
- Knowledge of ERP such as
QuickBcoks, SAP etc. will be an addedadvantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information
clearlyto users and grasp perceived difficulties,
- Excellent diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in
the resolution ofproblems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn on the fly and stay up to date with the latest technology.
- Reliability, integrity, and confidentiality.
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Cover Letter (not
- Only shortlisted candidates will
be contactedand advanced to the next stage of the selection process. The successful candidate is expectedto resume by February, 2020.
- Candidates may undergo a knowledge test on Advanced Excel and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).