The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1) Job Title: Senior CCL Manager
Ref Id: R-36670
Job Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
- Business Manager responsible for leading RGM by creating the framework for developing a long term value based Commercial Leadership strategy to maximize profitability across the current and future brand, pack and channel portfolios.
- Ensures this strategy takes into account key Business Unit, Bottler and Customer stakeholders by aligning with them throughout the process and instituting a framework of routines and processes that inspire System passion for the co-created strategic imperatives leading to a cultural change from short term volume growth focus to more sustainable long term value generation.
- Franchise SME in driving capabilities and processes to fully leverage Big data advanced analytics as a System.
- He will engage with the BU to drive business intelligence and harness the potential of all the key data touchpoints both digitally and in the market to create more Consumer/Shopper centric plans that will transform our Initiatives, communication and connection with the market opportunities and realities.
- Leads the System to develop World Class Commercial Excellence capabilities especially in RTM and Segmented Execution that consistently drive effectiveness, flexibility, speed and efficiency to secure competitive advantage and sustainably grow revenue.
- Ensures strategies are aligned with Bottler and secures resources to support the execution of these commercial initiatives with focus on Capability building, Automation and accelerating IC & Stills portfolio Partners with the Bottling Customer team in building Customer Leadership capabilities.
- Leverages shopper insights to develop OBM and execute this to create competitive advantage in-store and enhance our shopper experience through segmented PICOS & Portfolio management.
- Leads all T2T meetings with key Customers/CEO’s of various multinational companies.
- Experience leading large and complex initiatives with demonstrated ability to deliver upon results;
- Ability to make decisions and forge alignment with senior business leaders in ambiguous situations
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience FMCG Company in commercial and customer management, ideally with P&L responsibility and in depth understanding of Commercial and Customer strategic developments and execution.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2019.
2) Job Title: Marketing Manager -Stills
Job ID: R-36309
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for achieving volume and share targets for assigned projects by creating and executing the category management plans; develops category or channel merchandising and promotions strategies with marketing and sales teams; develops sales materials tailored to brand, account or channel; responsible for category analysis and the on-time delivery of promotional materials. Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
- The Stills & VEB Marketing Team is a critical link in developing WABU’s Strategic Pillar – Winning with Stills, in line with the Coca-Cola’s Global High-Performing Marketing Organization strategy for its Total Beverage Portfolio, covering key Stills Beverage categories across Juice, Dairy, Hydration, Tea, Coffee & Energy. As part of this team, the position is entrusted to:
- Participate in the development & execution of marketing strategies & plans for brands in the Stills category to maximise long-term volume & profit flow and increase the long-term value of the brands.
- Be responsible for Stills Category Brands’ P&L & Brand Health, accountable for delivering GP, DME, Brand Contribution, BLS goals, managing the set up and day-to-day execution of brand plans, recommending and implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to optimize effectiveness and ensure achievement of targets.
- Build and nurture the product portfolio for the Stills business
- Nurture an effective working relationship with Franchises/Divisions/SBUs/SMEs and Global, supporting service units and the Bottler(s) leading to proper development & execution of marketing strategies & plan
- Work on development of long term portfolio strategy for the Stills category & brands for the BU. Ensure development & maintenance of brand equity in all initiatives; Participate in SBP process, develop and communicate the Annual Brand Plan in line with the ABP Process;
- Communicate and drive Strategy across the Division; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of consumer & customer trends and their impact on brand strategy and plans;
- Manage brand as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return;
- Use financial & research insights to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the Division;
- Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the Division to ensure value for the system;
- Maintain the integrity of the brand/trademarks; participate in implementing a robust S&I framework for the Stills categories and business.
Deliver Business Results:
- Develop and manage brand in keeping with strategic direction; Establish and drive brand volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within consistent overall brand plans, including Division and SBU Specialist Support teams;
- Define & monitor marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements;
- Ensure all brand strategic and tactical plans are consistent with SBU deliverables and business objectives;
- Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all brand initiatives across the Stills Business/ Franchise;
- Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across Division/SBU;
- Provide support to countries/territories/clusters in planning & implementation; apply all agreed KO Marketing Process and Procedures; Track and analyse brand performance and initiatives.
Category & Product Management:
- Custodian of the category & product development initiatives – as applicable for the Stills portfolio, including new product development & product re- engineering, in consultation with internal & external stakeholders.
- Systems Alignment & Project Management: Build Franchise & Bottler commitment to the annual marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing & franchise operations teams, effective implementation plans for all marketing activities;
- Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).
- 10 years of Brand Marketing experience in an FMCG environment. Experience of managing people will be beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred
- Has worked most of his/her career in collaborative working situation, in which different view points from a range of stakeholders is necessary.
- Travel requirements: 20%
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2019.
3) Job Title: Commercial Execution Manager
Location: West Africa Business Unit (based out of Lagos, Nigeria and covering 33 countries)
Job type: Full time
- A career at Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s more than working for the global beverage leader; it’s an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career — we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
- As a global icon and keeper of the world’s most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola WABU.
- Contributes to the development of short-term operational plans and strategies for capabilities development;
- Manages the activities of capability consultants;
- Identifies and eliminates significantly complex barriers to success for customers;
- Develops and implements models that drive long-term profitability, sustainability and scalability.
- Manages within a nominated sub-function or related sub-functions;
- Typically a highly experienced manager who is accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning; decisions tend to be more tactical at the country level.
- This role will lead development of strategies to build deep Commercial capabilities within the BU and Franchise to ensure exceptional execution of the commercial plans. Lead the IC strategy via developing plans for accelerated acquisition of chilled space in our markets.
- Lead the developmnet of “Culture of Excellence in Execution” via Driving commercial subject matter expertise in Key commercial areas like RTM, Segmented execution, Channel focused plans & execution (MT, QSRs, WS, eCommerce), CDE, OOS, RED, SFE, Automation and building commercial capabilities.
- Will ensure exceptional executions via sharing best practices and leading cross-system projects in conjunction with Franchise teams, Bottlers and Customers to create value and competitive advantage for the System.
- Develp strategies to ensure standardized set of terms, tools, processes, metrics, reports that enable easy replication and scaling up. Lead development of standard BU matrics that act as single point of commercial data for the BU and are widely used for business managment.
- Collborate closely with Commercial and business planning teams, Finance, K&I and IT to drive the project milestone delivery.
- Develop integrated vision and strategic roadmap for commercial execution excellence and align it across all senior key stakeholders in KO and bottler
- Develop strategies to drive exceptional execution of commercial initiatives
- Develop strategies to build fit for purpose and efficient RTM structures, processes and system for CSD, Stills and segmented execution capability for different channels to drive competitively superior availability.
- Develop strategies to drive IC growth via a robust CED plans.
- Collaborate and influence internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Build Capability
- Build Robust and standardized information system
- All commercial areas will require ongoing innovation in processes and tools. Specifically for this role, the individual will need to be intellectually curious
- 10-12 years of relevant Experience
- IT and Automation background experience
- Hands on experience in leading critical work like RTM, RED, CDE, SFE &automation
- University degree
Why Coca Cola WABU/Nigeria
- We have a fantastic work culture – fueled by entrepreneurial, driven and compassionate individuals committed to driving value and impact across the region
- We take pride in our office’s design, aimed at fostering creativity and collaboration
- We believe in your total well-being – social, mental, physical and emotional – supported by other benefits and activities, including an onsite gym and nursing room
- Free coke!
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2019.
4) Job Title: Franchise Marketing Manager
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for proposing, developing and implementing marketing plans; researches on and develops pricing policy; recommends sales channels; responsible for product promotion; works with other business partners to deliver business results.
- Manages within a nominated sub-function or related sub-functions; typically a highly experienced manager who is accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning; decisions tend to be more tactical at the country level.
- The Senior Franchise Marketing Manager – Nigeria is responsible for leading the development of over-arching business & marketing strategies affecting the total portfolio within Nigeria; ultimately delivering positive Volume, NSR, PBT & Brand Love growth.
- The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer insight driven business growth model across all of the NARTD Beverage categories, coupled with development of scalable programs & tools for implementation by our Bottling partner – NBC is critical to our short and long-term business success. This person will be a key contributor in shaping the relationship and strategic plan development with our partner.
- The key purpose of this role is the development of market-based strategies & tactics collaboratively with the WABU Marketing leaders, Nigeria Franchise Leadership Team, and Nigeria Bottling Company to ensure we implement strong plans for consumer-driven business growth.
- They will also have ownership of key Business Unit initiatives and programs required by the WABU Business Plan, to achieve long-term growth objectives. These programs will require the individual to oversee a team of marketing associates that will collaborate with WABU Central Marketing, Franchise C&CL, Other functions (Finance, IMCC, Operations, Supply Chain, Commercialization), and the Bottling partner Marketing & Operations teams to ensure complete delivery of the agreed plan. Lastly, this individual will be required to lead ONE Marketing Leadership Team project – resulting in fundamental capability improvement for the BU Marketing team.
- The key means to achieve these goals are the development of diagnostics, strategies, content, and capability within their region of responsibility. The work of the individual requires leveraging the collective intelligence of our system, through a collaborative approach with the Regional Franchise Managers, Strategy & Insights, and C&CL. They need to drive the strategy and build / adapt their Franchise Marketing Plan content in partnership with Creative Agencies, leveraging internal and external best thinking, creating internal BU awareness around it, build key marketing competency skills for personal and professional development and act as the key integrator on their projects.
- The Initiatives (both consumer and shopper programmes) this person will leverage, create or adapt will be built from local market insights to ensure their local plans are highly resonant across their consumers and will change beliefs, attitudes and behaviours about the brands under their scope, which will lead to incremental brand consumption and purchase ( and ultimately brand love ).
- They will need to have strong project & people leadership skills to ensure programs are efficiently development and leverage strong persuasive selling skills to inspire our Bottling partners to co-invest and execute with excellence.
- Lastly, this person will be responsible for managing multiple associates to carry out the above business responsibilities.
- They will be required to balance governance & engagement throughout the planning and implementation of the business plans; ensuring each associate has an individualized career and development plan to follow and grow.
- As a member of the WABU Marketing Leadership team, they will be responsible for providing assessments of their associates and calibration of the Marketing Community through the talent factory process.
Nigeria Marketing Plan Development & Implementation – 50%:
- Leads Annual Franchise Marketing & Commercial Business Planning – providing “end-2-end” business solutions that deliver “through the line” messaging to consumers/shoppers coupled with strong affordability & availability thought-leadership to deliver BP objectives across all categories and brands. (NSR growth/ Transactions growth/ Value Share / BLS)
- Develop the corresponding prioritized investment strategy deciding the allocation, post aligning all key stakeholders, and own overall management of DME for Nigeria. In addition, provide proactive / alternative marketing & commercial plans, budget management and contingency planning to deliver positive ROI and competitive disruption; thus requiring in-depth market understanding & agility.
- Owns Bottler Relationship on Marketing Strategy and Plans; leading regular operational & marketing excellence routines/discussions with Bottlers.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the key projects identified within the Strategic Business Plan – including Communication, Innovation, RGM, and In-Store Messaging. Lead, through Agencies / Direct Reports, the project management of all key programs, achieving support and approval from key Franchise, BU & Bottler stakeholders.
- Ensuring timely launch and success of the innovation & RGM pipeline throughout the year; ensuring that all cross-functional members and Bottlers are aligned and working on-time to deliver the objectives and goals.
- Partner with all key Bottler and local community constituents to assess and mitigate any potential risks related to the programs’ implementation.
- Identify & leverage external and internal best practices as applicable to the specific Franchise programmes; harvesting the maximum learning and inform the development and activation of best in class programmes by the BU Central team.
People Management & Organizational Development – 30%:
- Provide Coaching & Development of Direct Reports (MM/SBM/BM/JBM/ABM) in achieving overall business objectives – National & Regional, while ensuring Associate Development continues on-track for capability development and career progression
- Leads a BU Marketing Leadership Team Project – typically includes leading a training capability project or offsite within the BU to tackle a significant marketing organization challenge.
Long-Term Market Strategy & Planning – 20%:
- Develops & Provides Thought Leadership On Portfolio Strategy – based on WABU/Nigeria Portfolio Strategy and Growth Plan – to develop Innovation & RGM Pipeline (Product, Pack, Equipment) to achieve long-term growth.
- Co-Lead with Franchise Performance & Planning Manager – key long-term strategic recommendations to the General Manager & WABU Marketing Director on How The Business Should/Will Grow.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Masters of Marketing
Related Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Minimum Years of Experience: 12-15 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company with a significant brand consumer/product roles. In depth understanding, knowledge and practical experience in consumer marketing and ideally sales/operations management. Demonstrated people management both direct and in-direct over numerous years.
- This is a short term assignment for 11 months. From January 2020
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online