Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University is Federal Government owned, located in Bauchi, BauchI State, with its two (2) campuses at both Yelwa and Gubi. The University is Information and Communication Technology (ICT) driven and has cut a niche for itself in Engineenng courses nationally and internationally. It is envisioned to be a world Class University committed to excellence in teaching and research, and the production of a generation of leaders worthy in character with passion for service and integrity. The University is penchantly committed to the advancement of knowledge in science and technology.
The Governing Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works (CONTISS 15)
- The Director of Works inter-alia heads the Directorate, Coordinates, and Supervises and maintains the physical development, transportation, general maintenance services and projects of the University in such a way as to ensure quality and standard.
- He shall not compromise the laid down rules and regulations in the execution of the University projects.
- In discharging these duties, the Director of Works is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor.
- The Director of Works must be a person of high integrity who demonstrates transparency in public and private life as well as commands the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- He/she must also be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the phased physical development plans of the University.
- Good honours degree (not below second class lower) in any of the Engineering (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical), Architecture, Quantity Surveying or Building from a recognized University.
- Membership registration of COREN, CORBON, QSRBN, ARCON or any other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, five (5) of which shall be in a position of deputy director in a University.
- A good knowledge of any Engineering and Environmental Designs, Computer Packages (Civil cad, Architecture cad, Prota Structure, Pevit, Matlab etc).
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant field are added advantage.
Condition of Service & Salary (Important)
- Appointment for the post of Director of Works is for a period of four (4) years single term.
- The candidate must not be more than sixty (60) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- The candidate must possess NYSC Discharge certificate or Exemption certificate or Certificate of exclusion where applicable.
- The candidate must be well grounded in public procurement process and project management.
- The terms and conditions as provided by the Conditions of Service of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi applies.
- Salaries, allowances and conditions of service are as obtained in other Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward Thirty (30) copies of Applications and Thirty (30) copies of detailed CV with copies of Credentials attached; in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Director of Works at the top left corner, to reach:
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
P.M.B. 0248 Bauchi,
The CV should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letter).
- Date and Place of birth.
- Marital Status/Number of children with ages (if any).
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Functional email address
- Functional phone number
- Present postal address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Work experience with dates and institutions
- Extracurricular activities/Hobbies
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of which must be the Chief Executive/Head of the applicant’s present employer.
- Candidates should request their referees to send reports on them under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Director of Works” at the top left corner, to the Registrar, Abubakar Tafawa using the address above.
- Candidates must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the original copies of credentials if invited for interview.