9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Government & Community Affairs
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Coordinate the development, establishment and maintenance of cordial relationships with all stakeholders i.e. government agencies and host communities within the Region 1 and leverage on all existing relationships to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Monitor and analyse political, economic and policy trends and activities in Region 1, working with all internal stakeholders to mitigate potential threats to EMTS operations.
- Maintain relationships with host communities after sites are integrated. Identify initiatives or programs to develop the communities and ensure proper implementation in assigned Region.
- Collate data, prepare periodic reports and conduct research on policies, laws, regulations and data relevant to EMTS.
- Track, monitor and analyse state legislative bills, local government bye laws, public policies and directives from Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) in Region 1 and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to drive strategic initiatives to protect EMTS policy interests
- Manage senior government officials in Region 1 to ensure their participation in all EMTS events
- Engage the relevant MDAs in the Region to prevent multiple taxation, acquire permits/approvals and minimize adverse actions by such bodies which may disrupt operations of any EMTS outlet
- Liaise with Finance to ensure timely payment of all government statutory fees.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all stakeholders in host communities within which EMTS operates or/and has outlets and leverage on relationships to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Participate in the evaluation of prospective cities, towns and communities identified for outlets and make recommendations in line with best practice and the company’s interest
- Identify all issues (Government or Community) and work within company procedures and guidelines to resolve them within agreed timelines.
- Ensure all stakeholders Radio, Transmission, Site Acquisition, Rollout, Legal and Finance teams are aware of all government or community related issues and follow through with them to ensure resolution
- Initiate and carry out dialogues, meetings, negotiations where necessary on behalf of the organization to resolve issues relating to roll-out and post roll out operations in host communities
- Provide input in the development/modification (where necessary) of company procedure and guidelines regarding government and/or community relations
- Ensure due diligence and integrity is employed for stakeholder discussions and all dispute resolutions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs.
- First degree in a relevant discipline.
- Three to Five years post NYSC relevant work experience
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate shouls:
Click here to apply online