Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 3 weeks
Purpose of position
- To deliver and maintain standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
- ‘Project Services is part of the Projects and Technology organization’s Project Management business unit. We deliver cost estimating, planning, risk management and cost engineering services throughout the full project lifecycle.
- We develop and deploy standard tools and global working processes and develop our people and capability at a global level.
We aim to be recognized as Key Partner for Successful Project Outcomes:
- By driving complete, transparent and earlier project management decisions, i.e. no surprises,
- Contributing to Top Quartile project performance in both upstream and downstream business,
- Being recognized by our business partners for delivering value to their business,
- Growing an agile, competent and sustainable skill pool, and Deliver a standard set of Project Services tools.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for major, complex projects.
- Develop the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship.
- Drive, manage and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, resources and progress for the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline and its subsequent maintenance.
- Instigate, develop and police the planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently.
- Own the overall schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses.
- Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy.
- Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
- Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project.
- Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule.
- Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and “What if scenarios” to aid project management decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents.
- Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan.
- Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award negotiations and recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of the project’s risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate.
- Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of the 50/50 schedule contingency to ensure accurate project forecasts and maintain schedule stability.
- Implement, ensure compliance and utilize the Company/Client’s standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and conduct benchmarking activities.
- Deliver close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- Minimum of 10 years oil & gas industry experience.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 50 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or related Engineering or science based discipline.
- Other experience: 10 – 12 years’ work experience in the Oil and Gas Sector.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online