The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Franchise Marketing Manager
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for proposing, developing and implementing marketing plans; researches on and develops pricing policy; recommends sales channels; responsible for product promotion; works with other business partners to deliver business results.
- Manages within a nominated sub-function or related sub-functions; typically a highly experienced manager who is accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning; decisions tend to be more tactical at the country level.
- The Senior Franchise Marketing Manager – Nigeria is responsible for leading the development of over-arching business & marketing strategies affecting the total portfolio within Nigeria; ultimately delivering positive Volume, NSR, PBT & Brand Love growth.
- The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer insight driven business growth model across all of the NARTD Beverage categories, coupled with development of scalable programs & tools for implementation by our Bottling partner – NBC is critical to our short and long-term business success. This person will be a key contributor in shaping the relationship and strategic plan development with our partner.
- The key purpose of this role is the development of market-based strategies & tactics collaboratively with the WABU Marketing leaders, Nigeria Franchise Leadership Team, and Nigeria Bottling Company to ensure we implement strong plans for consumer-driven business growth.
- They will also have ownership of key Business Unit initiatives and programs required by the WABU Business Plan, to achieve long-term growth objectives. These programs will require the individual to oversee a team of marketing associates that will collaborate with WABU Central Marketing, Franchise C&CL, Other functions (Finance, IMCC, Operations, Supply Chain, Commercialization), and the Bottling partner Marketing & Operations teams to ensure complete delivery of the agreed plan. Lastly, this individual will be required to lead ONE Marketing Leadership Team project – resulting in fundamental capability improvement for the BU Marketing team.
- The key means to achieve these goals are the development of diagnostics, strategies, content, and capability within their region of responsibility. The work of the individual requires leveraging the collective intelligence of our system, through a collaborative approach with the Regional Franchise Managers, Strategy & Insights, and C&CL. They need to drive the strategy and build / adapt their Franchise Marketing Plan content in partnership with Creative Agencies, leveraging internal and external best thinking, creating internal BU awareness around it, build key marketing competency skills for personal and professional development and act as the key integrator on their projects.
- The Initiatives (both consumer and shopper programmes) this person will leverage, create or adapt will be built from local market insights to ensure their local plans are highly resonant across their consumers and will change beliefs, attitudes and behaviours about the brands under their scope, which will lead to incremental brand consumption and purchase ( and ultimately brand love ).
- They will need to have strong project & people leadership skills to ensure programs are efficiently development and leverage strong persuasive selling skills to inspire our Bottling partners to co-invest and execute with excellence.
- Lastly, this person will be responsible for managing multiple associates to carry out the above business responsibilities.
- They will be required to balance governance & engagement throughout the planning and implementation of the business plans; ensuring each associate has an individualized career and development plan to follow and grow.
- As a member of the WABU Marketing Leadership team, they will be responsible for providing assessments of their associates and calibration of the Marketing Community through the talent factory process.
Nigeria Marketing Plan Development & Implementation – 50%:
- Leads Annual Franchise Marketing & Commercial Business Planning – providing “end-2-end” business solutions that deliver “through the line” messaging to consumers/shoppers coupled with strong affordability & availability thought-leadership to deliver BP objectives across all categories and brands. (NSR growth/ Transactions growth/ Value Share / BLS)
- Develop the corresponding prioritized investment strategy deciding the allocation, post aligning all key stakeholders, and own overall management of DME for Nigeria. In addition, provide proactive / alternative marketing & commercial plans, budget management and contingency planning to deliver positive ROI and competitive disruption; thus requiring in-depth market understanding & agility.
- Owns Bottler Relationship on Marketing Strategy and Plans; leading regular operational & marketing excellence routines/discussions with Bottlers.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the key projects identified within the Strategic Business Plan – including Communication, Innovation, RGM, and In-Store Messaging. Lead, through Agencies / Direct Reports, the project management of all key programs, achieving support and approval from key Franchise, BU & Bottler stakeholders.
- Ensuring timely launch and success of the innovation & RGM pipeline throughout the year; ensuring that all cross-functional members and Bottlers are aligned and working on-time to deliver the objectives and goals.
- Partner with all key Bottler and local community constituents to assess and mitigate any potential risks related to the programs’ implementation.
- Identify & leverage external and internal best practices as applicable to the specific Franchise programmes; harvesting the maximum learning and inform the development and activation of best in class programmes by the BU Central team.
People Management & Organizational Development – 30%:
- Provide Coaching & Development of Direct Reports (MM/SBM/BM/JBM/ABM) in achieving overall business objectives – National & Regional, while ensuring Associate Development continues on-track for capability development and career progression
- Leads a BU Marketing Leadership Team Project – typically includes leading a training capability project or offsite within the BU to tackle a significant marketing organization challenge.
Long-Term Market Strategy & Planning – 20%:
- Develops & Provides Thought Leadership On Portfolio Strategy – based on WABU/Nigeria Portfolio Strategy and Growth Plan – to develop Innovation & RGM Pipeline (Product, Pack, Equipment) to achieve long-term growth.
- Co-Lead with Franchise Performance & Planning Manager – key long-term strategic recommendations to the General Manager & WABU Marketing Director on How The Business Should/Will Grow.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Masters of Marketing
Related Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Minimum Years of Experience: 12-15 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company with a significant brand consumer/product roles. In depth understanding, knowledge and practical experience in consumer marketing and ideally sales/operations management. Demonstrated people management both direct and in-direct over numerous years.
- This is a short term assignment for 11 months. From January 2020
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online