Recruitment at 9Mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
1) Job Title: Specialist, Solution Development
Location: Lagos, NG
- Develop and design products and services as described in the BRD and provide technical support to products and services team and any other team within the organization that require special support for their operation, in delivering an efficient software design, dimensioning, and architecture.
- Participate in the development and customization of innovative services and/or enhancements to existing Enterprise and VAS services.
- Manage the process of installing and configuring value added services that have been developed.
- Review software design specifications and ensure that the unified modelling diagrams are correctly designed according to the requirements of the service/application that is being developed.
- Conduct post implementation check to ascertain the benefit of new products or technology change on the service creation platform
- Ensure that all identified bugs are fixed according to the SLA.
- Investigate new technologies that could enhance the performance of the VAS Development Middleware Layer.
- Liaise with Products and Services , Enterprise solution ,VAS Operation and other units where required
- Provide critical inputs relating to hardware dimensioning and capacity planning during budget cycles
- Increase subscribers satisfaction by improving the overall service development and deployments quality
- Conduct effective technical feasibility studies and impact analysis for new features and services within the VAS Development environment
- Support the provisioning of service capacity in the VAS Development environment before introduction of new services
- Manage and support the design of service delivery platform as well as service creation middleware strategies
- Perform technology investigations into topics related to core service delivery platform design and performance
- Support and advise on preparation and deployment of pre-requisites for project deliverables
- Provide technical planning and optimization support to assist in service and product rollout
- Provide end-to-end support in integration and input requirements for the deployment of new applications
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure optimization tasks are achieved
- Proactively help VAS Development team identify and collect required inputs for service and product development tasks
- Participate in the process to establish application and systems requirements for new projects or enhancements to existing services.
- Prepare and/or review functional and technical specifications for products/services
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors during project development to review progress
- Prepare and deploy pre-requisites for project deliverables.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Manager, Enterprise Solution Development.
- First Degree from a recognized University
- Three(3) to Five(5) years relevant work experience
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- IP Technologies
- Technology Management
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Problem Solving Skills
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus.
2) Job Title: Program / Project Manager
- Drive the execution and maintenance of project management processes & discipline in the areas of: project schedule, quality management; communications management; cost management; procurement management; risk/issue management; change management
- Plan, execute and finalize project implementation within time, budget and quality constraints ensuring project is aligned with strategic business objectives, and oversees quality control throughout the Project.
- Apply best practice management tools/techniques in leading the Project throughout the whole life cycle in a cross-functional, integrated manner
- Drive the understanding of the value proposition across internal development teams (IT and Engineering,) and external vendors to ensure requirements are delivered.
- Guide and facilitate the Project organization through the Project life cycle in line with accepted Corporate quality & excellence principles.
- Manage the planning and implementation of commercial related projects, in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders, driving best practice to time, cost and quality and also developing project business cases with emphasis on NPV, IRR & ROI
- Responsible for gathering, compiling and distributing information to designated parties regarding assigned Project deliverable
- Appoint team members jointly with sponsor and functional managers taking into consideration resource and skill demands.
- Facilitate core team and vendor meeting, identify and resolve cross-functional dependencies that may impact critical Project deliverable and milestones
- Manage internal and external stakeholders as well as change management process for all projects handled
- Prepare reports and communicate updates on all on-going projects to all stakeholders
- First degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Certification in PMP or Prince 2
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience, with three(3) in a supervisory role.
- Provide actionable solutions that supports value creation and major transformation in our processes and systems.
- End to end Business Analysis (BA) support including defining the scope of a project/release/processes, develop requirement documents, use cases, activity diagrams, flowcharts, and supplemental specifications to describe the application requirements to support the project scope.
- Leading the interaction with various business stakeholders to gather, organize, and evaluate business requirements
- Documenting and reviewing the business requirements (Business Readiness Document) with various business and technology stakeholders using techniques and tools
- Converting requirements into User Stories
- Coordinating with various business groups to derive business solutions
- Preparing process mapping artifacts, test plan, test cases, and develop use cases
- Document and obtain required approvals from relevant stakeholders, i.e. business intelligence, gap analysis, project initiation documents for robust project delivery
- Implementation and testing by setting up and evaluating the system and process that facilitate smooth business operation
- Understand the business requirements and identified gaps in different processes and implement process improvement initiatives across the business improvement model
- Involved in special projects and provided ad hoc / special analysis as required (e.g. revenue recovery efforts, review of business practices)
- Grow/lead/develop a new business analyst team and develop BA capabilities in the Business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Numerate/Business-related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualification in Business analyst certifications
- 6+ year’s work experience in a financial institution, Telecommunication or management consulting background with strong business and financial analytical skill.
- 6+ years of Business Analyst experience
- Experience leading requirements gathering sessions with senior level client stakeholders
- Experience utilizing various requirements elicitation techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and their potential to deliver business benefits and knowledge of different project life-cycles and software development approaches
- Strong Project management techniques and computing systems skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Presentation and Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering at a high level of accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of business structure/dynamics and Commercial awareness
- Stakeholder analysis
- Requirements engineering
- Costs benefit analysis
- Processes modeling
- Leadership and people management skill.
- Ensure delivery of the product end-to-end from design stage to the production stage with zero snags.
- Partner with product management, marketing and the rest of product development team to understand product vision, user needs, brand design aesthetics and back-end infrastructure.
- Translate complex business needs into innovative technical solutions and contribute to product advancement to guarantee solutions are designed for successful deployment.
- Develop high quality prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions.
- Create user-friendly, intuitive, fast-paced, real-time web pages and mobile apps.
- Design web and mobile-based features that ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency.
- Ensure efficient performance and scalability of solutions, optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Participate in team/project activities: requirement refinement, sprint planning, task estimations, coding, troubleshooting, retrospectives, etc.
- Maintain and continuously improve website and mobile applications by getting feedback from and developing solutions for our clients.
- Be available for level 3 support during the production issues.
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Three (3) to Five (5) Years post NYSC work experience
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge in all facets of web/application/services development including front and back-end technologies.
- Need to understand ORM and relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience formulating technology strategy and architecture.
- Experience in or with:
- Continuous integration
- Test-driven development
- JSON RPC
- Web and enterprise related technologies such as go-ethereum/Solidity, Node.js, AngularJS, Python, Go, or Rust.
- Low-level application development in C++ or Go
- Framework: MVC Framework like Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Jaxb
- Database: RDBMS like MySQL, Oracle, NO SQL databases
- Tools: Git
- Problem Solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus.
- Directly responsible for translating the Corporate Strategy/Business Plan into an appropriate Information Technology (IT) strategy that defines how the IT organisation contributes to business success.
- Develop, periodically refresh and govern the Enterprise IT Architecture and enforce compliance through the Architecture Review Board (ARB), Change Control Board (CCB) & other relevant governance bodies.
- Enable superior business performance by championing enterprise agility, innovation and on-time, value-based delivery through robust architecture principles & governance, excellent risk judgement and a relentless drive for IT-enabled business process optimization.
- Communicate the value of EA across the organization. Drive for continuous alignment of IT actions/initiatives with business objectives and ensure that IT strongly contributes to achieving enterprise goals.
- Lead the development and periodic update of the IT strategy to ensure that IT actions are appropriately scoped to deliver business value.
- Define the blueprint that drives IT investment and continuously align IT actions with business goals.
- Guide technology decisions, drive business cases/justification, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles & standards;
- Oversee and engender the implementation of reusable architectural artifacts and solution components that facilitate faster time to market, quick time to value, improved QoS/QoE, growth, profitability business agility, operational efficiency and IT cost efficiency/optimization.
- Capture, preserve and maintain complex knowledge of the business and supporting technology landscape and distil into usable format for everyday business and technology decision support;
- Establish and enforce architecture principles and standards through the platform of the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and other architecture governance processes. Coordinate the activities of the ARB;
- Enable enterprise agility (i.e. facilitate quick response to market dynamics and adoption of new business models) by taking out complexity and potential change inhibitors within the IT landscape.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business vision and strategies.
- Drive technology innovation to create business value in terms of improved business performance and ROI.
- Develop and manage a fit-for-purpose framework for continuous capacity planning & monitoring with a view to proactively meeting and anticipating business demand across all IT systems.
- Collaborate with other functional units to elicit input to the architecture development and governance process. Operational
- Create and communicate models/artifacts that describe the enterprise architecture and enable its evolution. Ensure timely, accurate and up to date documentation of the IT landscape.
- Promote a strategy-led, integrative approach to solution design to business issues that transcend functional boundaries.
- Work with the Program & Portfolio Management team to structure the IT program portfolio in a manner that guarantees quick time to value of the associated business benefits with minimal risk.
- Act as stage-gate for approving all IT solution designs proposed as prerequisite for solution build and implementation. Validate compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other.
- Drive business process optimization and integration, covering enterprise application integration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within both internal and external contexts.
- Participate in CCB processes for governing operational changes to production and non-production IT environments to ensure operational stability, good risk impact assessment & mitigation and adherence to architecture standards and principle.
- Produce infrastructure capacity plans to proactively meet the enterprise demand for IT services. Ensure alignment of capacity projections with those of other demand management / planning functions across all technology functions within the organization.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of IT programs. Own the design of fit-for-purpose solutions to business problems by facilitating design workshops with key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on time to value.
- Interface with 3rd parties, including vendors, OEMs, business partners and other external parties for solution design, integration and connectivity as the case may be.
- Take ownership of technical project deliverables and ensure delivery to acceptable standards. Contribute to assessing business value delivered on these projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Product and Information Officer.
- First degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science/IT, or a related/relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in related fields and/or an MBA will be an added advantage;
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience in a Telecom/IT environment with at least three (3) years in solution architecture at managerial level.
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, leading/emerging technologies, and developments within the mobile telecommunications industry and related ecosystems.
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions. Adept at communicating technical details to solution developers.
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives and functional leadership.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent solution architecture skills and the ability to drive consensus and compliance from all areas within the company.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels under intense pressure.
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online