We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical / Electrical Automation Technician
Ref Id: JR1028602
Location: Ikeja-Lagos & Benin-Edo
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- The Lagos and Benin Breweries produce 1.5 to 1.6 million hectolitres each of various Guinness products per annum and package these products for the local, national and export markets.
- GNPLC is striving towards world class and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
- The Electrical Technician Automation are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Automation Engineer Packaging
Purpose of Role
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track.
- Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence Manage spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Technicians will demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Support site in ensuring power systems and lightening controls and maintenance
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets.
- Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND/HND/BSc in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering and others as applicable or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Proven skills and experience in Bottling principles and processes, SHE principles and procedures, electrical control principles and ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online