Amber Residence – We are one of the leading and fastest growing hotel and leisure groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
We are currently recruiting to fill the below position:
1) Job Title: Facility Manager
- Monitors the operations of our residence equipment and systems and implement effective maintenance schedule required to ensure their efficiency, improvement and expansions
- Apply professional skills to monitor the purchase, use and inventories of spear parts, maintenance supplies, and equipments and initiate reordering when necessary
- Track, analyze and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, schedule compliance etc.
- Source and recommend experienced service providers and ensure timely and successful completion of projects and system set up
- Directs contractors as needed to achieve compliance with applicable regulations and to complete needed investigation of and repair to utilities
- Oversee the completion and submission of required monitoring reports and operating permits to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained and equipped to deliver maintenance services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner at the residence
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Direct Budget preparation and monitor compliance with budget changes-when necessary
- Maintain and ensure effective use of maintenance workshop equipment
Skills Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of B Sc/HND in Electrical Engineering
- 8-15 years hands-on experience and working knowledge/ skills of basic fields (Carpentry, Electrical and Plumbing, A/c) in the hospitality industry would be an added advantage.
- Communication – Effective written and verbal communication skills that conveys information effectively.
- Good knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient overall day – to – day operations of the Front desk including reservations.
- Provide excellent customer service per the standards of the Residence, and assist in situations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure guest requests, inquiries and concerns are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the supervision and preparation of function sheets with the delivery and execution of guest welcome letters and profile updating.
- Review guest special requests and ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Working with all departments in the Residence to ensure we meet or exceed guests’ expectations and all guests’ billing is accurate and up to date at time of departure.
- Act as a liaison with the Sale’s team, Food & Beverage, Facility and Housekeeping teams to ensure clear communication.
- Assist in the administration and management of the Front Office, including but not limited to scheduling.
- Ensure that the Department adheres to company’s policies, procedures and standards as specified in the company’s Standards and Operation Manual (SOP).
- Assist in providing staff with ongoing coaching, training and development.
- Coordinate Residence emergency procedures within the scope of defined plans.
- Engage in the preparation and rendition of returns, reports and other assignments as required by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The successful candidate must have at least three years Front Office agent experience that must include handling of large group arrivals.
- The successful candidate must have excellent command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal.
- The successful candidate must be customer centric and have a very good relationship management skill that must include the ability to deal with all guests service situations while continually ensuring guest’s satisfaction is obtained in the Residence.
- The successful candidate must have proven supervisory skills which should include the ability to motivate and mentor colleagues for greater productivity.
- The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure and stressful situation.
- The successful candidate should be person that pays attention to details and have excellent organizational skills.
- The successful candidate should be able to work with little supervision and must be self motivated.
- The successful candidate must have solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer applications. Knowledge of OPERA Information, Technology and Communication (ITC) would be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have at least a University degree in any related discipline.
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors vacuum ;
- Clean carpets, rugs and upholstery dust;
- Polish furniture and fittings;
- Clean metal fixtures and fittings:
- Empty and clean trash containers;
- Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner;
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers:
- Wipe down glass surfaces, make up beds and change linens as required;
- Tidy up rooms, wash windows as scheduled;
- Operate mechanized cleaning equipment, maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition;
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- And any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Minimum of WASC/GCE/NECO in not more than two sittings (inclusive of Mathematics and English Language) and should have been obtained not later than 2013 calendar year.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge in hotel services especially in Housekeeping.
- Knowledge and skills as a bedroom hand and tidying of rooms in hotels.
- Must be courteous to guests.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good knowledge on laundry documentation.
- Must have excellent inter personal and people skills
- Must be smart, eloquent and customer centric.
- Must be well groomed.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.