Financial & Administrator Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager – Ikorodu Business Unit
Reporting To: Business Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Responsible for Finance and Administrative Services of the Business Unit
- Provide inputs for annual budgeting
- Examine and accord financial vetting for proposals having financial implications
- Ensure compliance of financial audit
- Responsible for all financial accounting and supervises compilation for unit and undertakings
- Supervise inter unit account settlements
- Supervise maintenance of various accounts & registers
- Settlement of all staff claims, external claims, time bound tax related claims under the limits specified
- Ensure proper reconciliation of various payment channels at business unit
- Monitors compilation of MIS, PRT & other reports.
- Maintain and update sub ledger capturing the financial transactions appropriately.
- Ensuring compliance to HR policies and labor laws
- Initiate the performance appraisal report
- Maintaining job descriptions and training related records
- Oversee preparation of papers for claims of retired employees
- Ensuring maintenance of discipline, attendance, highlighting employee concerns at the assigned locations
- Initiating disciplinary proceeding of employees in corruption cases
- Oversee the legal activities and court cases related to employees
- Taking up the case of employee complaint/ grievance for redressal
- Ensuring free flow of communication upward to resolve employee grievances at the earliest opportunity
- Conducting surveys on employee engagement employee satisfaction
- Participating in the welfare activities for the employees
- Looking into security matters, office maintenance, office furniture maintenance etc.
- Takes responsibility for compliance with all Quality Management System /Operation Health & System related activities in the department as documented in the departmental operations manual, risk assessment register and other relevant documents.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Business Manager.
- First degree in Accounting or a Finance-related field, Commercial or Social Science discipline
- Post-graduate degree(s) and relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACA, ACCA are essential.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience, with at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Assets and Liabilities Management
- Cost Management
- Data Processing
- Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Treasury Management & Cash Flow Forecasting
- Profit & Loss Management
- Revenue Management
- Accounting Policies and Transactions
- Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis
- Tax Management.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online