The Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the management and control of the finances of the University
- He or she shall advise the Vice-Chancellor on finance-related matters, coordinate the development and update the University’s financial management plans; coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements, balance sheet, cash flow estimates and consolidation, when necessary
- He/she shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University
- The duties shall include monitoring monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets, and ensuring that they are reconciled; monitoring treasury activities including cash flow projections and forecasts for prudence and accountability: negotiating with financial and government institutions with regard to financial matters.
Requirements for the Candidate
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a good earned honours Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or any related discipline from a recognized University, and its equivalent, with at least thirteen (13) years relevant post-professional qualification experience in an Institution of higher learning
- Possession of Master’s Degree(s) and Forensic/Fraud related Certificate(s) will be added advantages
- The applicant must possess any of the following professionally recognized accountancy qualifications: ICAN, ANAN, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Due consideration will also be given to candidates with international exposure and experience.
The candidate should:
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar, with vast experience in bursary activities in a reputable Nigerian University, preferably Federal
- Have and show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit the ability of a team leader, who leads by example and has clear mentorship skills and plans; and should not be older that sixty (60) years upon appointment and should be within the retirement age at the expiration of his/or her tenure;
- Exhibit a considerable Degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial resource management with an outstanding experience at the management level
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate colleagues; a person with clear vision for the development of the University, and must be ready to implement the vision of the University
- Be a highly commendable person both in character and quality of service, with clear physical and or documentary evidences;
- Be focused and innovative, computer literate, and must have a good working understanding of communication by internet;
- Be in excellent physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Bursar shall hold the office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their Application and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Current Employment and positions held with dates
- Previous Employment(s)/Position(s)/Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the applicant’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked, “Post of Bursar: Referee’s Report”, with name of candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and referees’ reports should be submitted under confidential cover, and addressed to:
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
3, Are/Afao Road
Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
Soft copy of Application and Curriculum Vitae as attachments to e-mail are to be e-mailed to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or readvertize the position should this particular process not yield the desired results
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.