Federal Ministry of Science and Technology – Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHESTCO) is a multidisciplinary research and development establishment situated in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General/Chief Executive Officer
We seek to recruit Director-General/Chief Executive Officer, Sheda Science And Technology Complex (SHESTCO), Abuja. The Agency has the mandate of: In particular, operating a nuclear research reactor facility capable of:
- Developing facilities for the effective practice of applications oriented Science & Technology in Nigeria,
- Carrying out Research and Development activities involving the highest level of technologies available in the world with a view to strengthening the technological base of the Nigerian economy; providing service in the fields of agriculture, medicine, industry and Basic Sciences;
- Operating internationally accessible and comprehensive data base, in the area of Science and Technology,
- Conducting Research and Development activities in the fields of conventional and non-conventional energy;
- Carrying out structured manpower training to meet the growing needs of Nigeria in the areas of high technology; and
- Providing avenues through which all the institutions of high learning in Nigeria may carry out capital intensive research on a cost effective basis.
Conditions for Eligibility
To apply, a candidate must:
- Possess at least PhD in a discipline relevant to the research mandate of the Agency;
- Has had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least Twenty-five (25) scientific publications in reputable local and international journals and books;
- Has obtained first degree in any discipline relevant to the mandate of the Agency from a recognized institution and possess at least fifteen (15) years demonstrable research experience in Science and Technology with verifiable background in Chemical Technology including service as a Director(Research) in Research Institute or its equivalent;
- Possession of experience in the management of a research organization will be an added advantage;
- Possession of higher qualifications and computer literacy will also be an added advantage;
- Membership of Local and International Professional bodies relevant to the mandate of the Agency will be an advantage; and
- Have ability to attract external funds/grants to the Agency.
Condition of Service
- The successful candidate appointed as the substantive Director-General/CEO shall be responsible through SHESTCO Governing Board to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for the attainment of the mandate of the Agency.
- The tenure of the post is for five(5) years but renewable based on performance. Conditions of service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances, etc.) Act 2008 and as applied to Federal Government Research Institutes, which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal authorities.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit (15) printed copies of their Application, current and detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopied credentials giving the following information:
- Full Names, Date and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, Physical and Electronic contact Address.
- Institutions attended with Dates, Qualifications obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinctions/Awards Obtained.
- Present Employer, Position and Salary, previous Positions held with Dates;
- List of Publications (starting from the most recent) in reputable scientific journals;
- List of Published books;
- Leisure and spare time activities/ hobbies;
- Any other relevant information in support of application;
- Name and address of three (3) referees (not relations) who shall be able to testify to the applicants academic/professional competence as well as conduct and character and be ready to send their report(s) directly to the Honourable Minister of Science and Technology within the valid period of submitting application.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology,
New Federal Secretariat,
4th Floor, Block D, Phase II,
Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview